IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Saturday November 19

markjazzbassist

We will never fire before we get a proper playmaker at nr 10 working his arse off linking with wingers and striker, instead of the one we have - drifting around just wanting to score goals instead of making them. Distribution and positional play in middle is sub standard. Play Deulefeu in middle, Mirallas on left and Bolasie on right. Barkley as a spare striker.

corner? Add crosses and through balls in general. Felt for Rom yesterday, as well as Ross and Gana. The latter 2 worked their asses off but Rom was so isolated it was embarrassing

I say, when we get a corner, refuse to take it, let them have a goal kick.....we have far more chance of scoring from that, than any corner I saw on Saturday.

Corners and crosses over hit or straight down the goalkeepers throat.Walking the dog down the park I see 15 year old 'girls' taking better corners.......and the sad thing is I'm not even joking!!!

McCarthy ! I hope he's not fit, because if he is, you'll never sell him.

Barkley, boy that lads got talent, but he needs a proper coach.

6 hour train ride home....and yes I'm fucking frustrated.

We will never fire before we get a proper playmaker at nr 10 working his arse off linking with wingers and striker, instead of the one we have - drifting around just wanting to score goals instead of making them. Distribution and positional play in middle is sub standard. Play Deulefeu in middle, Mirallas on left and Bolasie on right. Barkley as a spare striker.

Agree with most of this, but I would drop Ross deaper probably at the expense of Barry when playing at home, there was no need for two DM's on Saturday, which was more than proved when McCarthy went off and Ross dropped back, he had more time on the ball to pick passes and we played much better.

I am starting to go along with this view, whatever message he is trying to put across certainly does not look like it's getting through to the players at times.

For the most part they aren't his players. Gueye has been our best player, Stek probably second. Both RK signings. Williams/Bolasie done ok. It takes time for a manager's tactics to sink in, it takes time to overhaul an aging squad, it takes time to replace mediocre with good. January is a shit box time to buy. This season's goal is Europa League, plain and simple. That is possible, dont ruin the financial future in January.

It takes time for a manager's tactics to sink in, it takes time to overhaul an aging squad.

Which is why I'm baffled by our new geriatric strategy of bringing in more older players. I haven't checked, but I bet you the average age of our team has increased significantly this season. To use a well worn analogy, we're replacing an aging fleet of Rovers with Austin 1300s.

Which is why I'm baffled by our new geriatric strategy of bringing in more older players. I haven't checked, but I bet you the average age of our team has increased significantly this season. To use a well worn analogy, we're replacing an aging fleet of Rovers with Austin 1300s.

We only brought in Williams who is "older", and that was to bring some stability to a shite defence. Barry was brought in to do the same in the midfield when RM came in and Moyes did it several times to address problem areas.

I really don't see what the worry is

We only brought in Williams who is "older", and that was to bring some stability to a shite defence. Barry was brought in to do the same in the midfield when RM came in and Moyes did it several times to address problem areas.

I really don't see what the worry is

Because it wasn't just Williams.

We sold Stones, one of our youngest first teamers, and brought in 2 30+ year olds into the starting 11, and another two 27 year olds.

I think that is more of the problem. Bobby brought in Lukaku, Robles, Mccarthy Gerry and Barkley/Stones through to balance the age and experience of Kone, Alcaraz and Barry.

Yet again though it's only year 1 so plenty can change next summer or possibly in January.

Because it wasn't just Williams.

We sold Stones, one of our youngest first teamers, and brought in 2 30+ year olds into the starting 11, and another two 27 year olds.

I think that is more of the problem. Bobby brought in Lukaku, Robles, Mccarthy Gerry and Barkley/Stones through to balance the age and experience of Kone, Alcaraz and Barry.

Yet again though it's only year 1 so plenty can change next summer or possibly in January.

Help me out, who is the other 30+? My head is tired :(

edit: Stekkers! I never worry about the age of the 'keeper

Edited by Matt

Guest rusty747

Well, our next 4 league games are against Southampton, Man Utd, Watford and Arsenal. On current form I cant see where either a goal or a clean sheet is coming from.

In our next eight games I can see us just getting five points, draws with Watford and Leicester and a win against Hull.

Then it's the January window this is going to be his one chance this season to get it right, or there's a good chance the next transfer window will be buying players who can get you out the championship.

Then the next game is City after that we could only be three or four points from a relegation spot, can you imagine needing something from the last day of the season away to Arsenal.

If you look at what WBA did to Burnley last night Everton was unacceptably poor against the bottom feeder of the Premier Leauge at home. That follows the poorest show we have put up in recent years against Chelsea - not a single shot on target - again!. The balance in the team is not right and we play a slow stop/start game with nothing happening in the midfield to break other teams down. We need someone to do what Chadli has done for WBA. in the central midfield. We need a playmaker nr10 and a tall,strong and fast left back who can defend so Mirallas can focus on attack.We do not have enough interplay between our front 4 to create opportunities for Lukaku.We give the ball away far too easily in the final 3rd. Deulefeu and Mirallas must play to take our corners because Baines and Barkley are not good enough in that department. We need goals from more players than just Lukaku. I do not mind losing or drawing , BUT how we do it at the moment is just not good enough. We need improvement or we need change, because we are drifting nowhere at the moment.