IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Saturday November 19

markjazzbassist

Absolutely nothing to shout about. Koeman should be sitting down with Walsh and Unsworth and working out where to get 15 first team players from. Can't believe I was sucked into calling this shower the best Everton side we'd had since the mid-80s a couple of years back. They're not, we were a better side under Moyes.

I'm still not sure what has changed since the early part of last season. Conceding silly goals, dominating the game, not taking chances. If anything we are creating less good chances than last season, especially in the bigger games.

Still early days but it's been an underwhelming start.

The best two players on the pitch were Gueye and Barkley by far.

Guest rusty747

Mid table obscurity if we are lucky.

Jags is done for I am sad to say but the rest of the team were really no better.

We need a new 'keeper, a cb, a dm, am, a winger and another forward at least in January.

Well, that was so bad it has made me log in again after all this time out!!

Jags is a shadow of his former self and should not start again this season, let's give Holgate a chance. Going forward Bolassie just doesn't seem to know what he id doing at times, Ross is not good enough to be doing it all himself, he needs some help. Gibson/Cleverly are not the answer though. We need like 4/5 players minimum in the Jan window.

Also i can't help feeling the players we have got just don't seem to be taking onboard the managers instructions. Koeman really needs to try a different approach otherwise we may as well have just kept Martinez

Mid table obscurity if we are lucky.

Jags is done for I am sad to say but the rest of the team were really no better.

We need a new 'keeper, a cb, a dm, am, a winger and another forward at least in January.

Yeah, I'm in complete agreement with you, there has to be a massive change in personnel in January and I,d start by shifting our creaking defence.

Baines, Jagielka, and Williams are all into their 30s and are showing it, Barry is has shot his bolt and won't last the full season, then we need at least two decent strikers.

Add this to the games we should have won previously, and a really easy start in the fixtures, we should be at least second in the league if not top. This squad is finished, it needs to be ripped apart for a younger model.

Thought Koeman got the balance wrong. McCarthy can't play the traditional DM/CM role that Barry plays - his distribution/passing is one of the weakest parts of his game. The only position that suits him is the ball winning midfielder role that Gueye plays. Unless Barkley drops back more, there is no point playing two of the same style DMs in the center of the park.

Barry should come in for McCarthy next week.

Think Jags deserves another turn on the bench, Funes Mori or Holgate should come in.

The RW position is still up for grabs - Lennon was okay but nothing special, Miralas has had too many chances and hasn't impressed, and Deulofeu hasn't produced much in his cameos so far this season (he's doing that move where he dribbles the ball forward, then cuts outside and crosses far far too much, the LBs are always expecting it now). I'd actually give Valencia a start at RW next weekend, where him and bolasie play more as inside forwards as part of a front three so they can run into the channels.

It's no so much the age of our defence but their speed (which can go hand in hand). Coleman is the only one who can shift and whilst it's not a problem if we want to sit back and soak up pressure, when we want to attack, you need the back 4 to also press high and limit the space between the defence and midfield but at the moment they are sat too deep and there is space to play in for the opposition. 2nd half was better because we did limit that space and become more aggressive in out attempt to win the ball back.

I'll probably get some flak but I'd go for Troy Deeney in January. We need someone else and he's a damn site better than what we have. We will probably have to pay through the nose too but we need options up front.

I do like him, but this forum doesn't seem to share our opinion.

Last on MOTD.

Deserved, that was dog shit. We're a garbage team with a few match winners who show up from time to time.

Can't believe we started with two DM against the worst team in the league. Stick two up front. Rom looks much better with direct support.

Look at the goal, Valencia chases the ball and forces their CBs back. Ron only ever goes after the sure thing, so needs someone else to occupy the defence and the wide men aren't doing that often enough.

Not read it anywhere yet(probably missed it) but what the hell was going on with our corners?? All of them were absolutely shocking, most ended up going straight to the goalie or they were headed clear, terrible!!! Do we not practice these! I also hadn't realised how much of a unit Fer is, thought he had a really good game for the swans, he constantly broke up play and was a thorn in our side, he would have been a much better acquisition for us than jimmy mac on yesterday's performance from both