IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Sunday January 15th

markjazzbassist

Really enjoyable half of football. Delighted with how weve set our stall out. Organised, everyone seems to know their role, blocked out well, broke with purpose. Weve also been lucky as city, as youd expect have i suppose, have blown holes in our defence 3 or 4 times but conspired to fuck them up. Robles, ross and williams are the pick for me so far. Davies too, but he needs to look before he leaps.

It's a disciplined display from us I think. Sitting deep, which makes the bum twitch.

I'm not sure we can afford to keep sitting so deep and concede so much possession for another 45 minutes.

City need to chase the game, might open up a bit for us.

City remind me a bit like us for the previous 2 years, all possession but no real oomph.

Decent half of football, clear organisation and plan. The best we have looked so far as a cohesive unit without just relying on running 100mph everywhere.

The weak links stand out though. Barkley is off the pace despite doing some good things, Mirallas only works hard when he wants to not when the team needs it and Funes Mori is doing somethings better than I would expect and then other things are really poor. Holgate is showing that he needs to bulk up a little because he has won the ball only to lose it in the same challenge but on the whole he has done well.

Best players so far are Williams and Barry, both absolutely superb. Joel doing well too.

It's a disciplined display from us I think. Sitting deep, which makes the bum twitch.

I'm not sure we can afford to keep sitting so deep and concede so much possession for another 45 minutes.

City need to chase the game, might open up a bit for us.

City remind me a bit like us for the previous 2 years, all possession but no real oomph.

Said this to a mate of mine who thinks controlling the game is winning it. Said it's boring I've watched that shite for the past 3 seasons and prefer a more direct approach. In fact after Everton Leicester are my favorite team to watch.

We should have Davies man marking Silva, cut off their supply. Why don't we press, we just back off and let them play right up to our penalty area.

Forcing them to either have a shot from far out or dink a ball into very little space. Not bad so far, but it's horrible to watch!

We should have Davies man marking Silva, cut off their supply. Why don't we press, we just back off and let them play right up to our penalty area.

Barry is always closing the space but the others aren't as confident. Ross, Mirallas pick and chose when they can be bothered to close and Davies/Holgate are a little bit more wary, probably because of their experience against some of the world's best.

I think so far we don't need to man mark silva, or any of their other creative players if we can keep the cohesion and tag teaming on them. So far we've managed to shut out debruyne, silva, and sterling just by falling in, getting behind the ball and working together to push them back. With all the errors though on another day we might have been 4 down!