IGNORED

Jack Wilshere

18 hours ago, Shukes said:

Hasn’t he just had his best season for Arsenal? And wasn’t he pulled out as precaution rather than a serious injury?

Time will tell. He won’t be at the World Cup is he is as bad as some say eh 😉

If he's just had his best season for Arsenal then it doesn't say much about all his other seasons.  He spent most of this season playing for Bournemouth, on loan.

36 minutes ago, johnh said:

If he's just had his best season for Arsenal then it doesn't say much about all his other seasons.  He spent most of this season playing for Bournemouth, on loan.

You must have noticed that he is back at arsenal and in their first team? No? Ok then.

50 minutes ago, johnh said:

Last season he was on loan at Bournemouth. 

Like Shukes says, he’s back at Arsenal this season. 

On 19/03/2018 at 19:44, Aidan said:

I'm sure 99% of sane football fans would choose Theo over Wiltshire.

I'd imagine it would be the complete opposite. Wilshere is the type of player we need,  a complete player, to play alongside the bits and pieces players we have at the moment. 

Walcotts are much easier to come across than Wilsheres imo.

52 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd imagine it would be the complete opposite. Wilshere is the type of player we need,  a complete player, to play alongside the bits and pieces players we have at the moment. 

Walcotts are much easier to come across than Wilsheres imo.

I would love for him to come here and shut me up but I just can't see it happening, maybe I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Makis said:

I also remember us signing many injury-prone players who surprisingly were injury-prone at Everton as well.

I also recall us signing players who had never been injured but suddenly got injured ......

Fact is :-  a jack wilshere with a run of games and settled into his rhythm could play for almost any side in the prem.  A player of that quality just doesn't become available the way he has without an element of risk. 

It could turn out wrong but for me an £8m outlay and £100k a week wages warrants the gamble for the quality of player he can be for us. If he went 2 seasons uninjured for us and played to his ability he would likely get us A £50m fee for his services. 

The way I look at it is - we all (well vast majority) wanted Barkley to sign and stay - that would have cost at least £100k a week and a hefty sign on etc. Most neutrals would have Wilshere over Barkley all day long. There’s a few question marks over Barkley’s fitness too.

The reward outweighs the risk massively in my opinion.

Anyone remember when giggs kept getting injured? I do.  Seemed like it was all the time. 

If I'm honest I'm not 100% on him purely for his injury record but when you look at the majority of the time he spent out it's been with stress fractures....  is this indicative of a person who is jinxed or not managed properly or just weak? I dunno. 

Wilshere has played 31 games in all comps this season after playing 29 out of 38 (2 for Arsenal) in the league last season - yes has had a poor record with injuries previously but maybe he’s over the ones that have clearly affected his career up to now.