IGNORED

Boxing

• 4 weeks later...

Bit surprised that Joshua is seen as the marginal favourite to beat Klitschko on Saturday, not that I'm any kind of expert on boxing. Is that how people see it generally? Hope he does it anyway, just that Klitschko is such a beast I have my doubts despite the fact he's knocking on a bit.

AJ 6th or points, although I'm in the minority who would rather see Klitschko win.

Me also Aaron

Taking nothing away from Fury he nullified Klitschko when he took his belts but that was a piss poor effort from VK and I think he'll have had a big wake up call from it and looks to really have that challenger mentality

I really like Joshua it's hard not to and he has every chance of dominating a fairly poor division but I'm never a fan of over the top hype on such a scale it makes me route for the other guy if you get my drift

If it goes past 7/8 rounds I think Joshua will struggle he's carrying more mass than ever atm and looked like he was blowing a fair bit after the public workout and Klitschko moves well and is quick for such a big man, he needs to lay of the HGH his dissented stomach looks wrong on a fighter

It's either a stoppage beforehand (6th/7th) for Joshua or Klitschko on points for me but I wouldn't be surprised to see Joshua on the deck those straight rights of VK's are damaging and if you watch Joshua in his amateur days he looks to have a dodgy chin tbh, if he wins I want to see him in with King Kong (Ortiz) that will be a massive test of his suspect chin

Edited by EFC-Paul

Can't call this at all.

All depends on how AJ deals with klitscko and his jab.

Klitscko will try and turn it into the most boring fight you will ever see. I hate watching him....his blinking and flinching when the other fighter throws a punch. Too robotic.

Can't call this at all.

All depends on how AJ deals with klitscko and his jab.

Klitscko will try and turn it into the most boring fight you will ever see. I hate watching him....his blinking and flinching when the other fighter throws a punch. Too robotic.

One two clinch one two clinch is what will likely happen then he'll throw the odd straight right after to try and catch Joshua out

One two clinch one two clinch is what will likely happen then he'll throw the odd straight right after to try and catch Joshua out

Klitschko was a champion so long because the division was so shite.

He will have a record comparable to Larry Holmes which takes the piss. Don't get me wrong - Holmes fought many a mug in his time but he would have twatted klitschko all over the place.

No doubt that any great from that era would walk the division today mate

Same with the middleweights the likes of Calzaghe Eubank Jones-Jr McClellan Benn James Tony etc would beat the likes of Golovkin imo

Still makes for a decent fight tonight with Klitschko being a similar size with a very solid chin and a good hard right hand I'm intrigued to see how well Joshua's chin handles it IF Klitschko lands many

Great fight... I won't pretend to be a big boxing fan or know the 1st thing about the sport but that was brilliant. Delighted Joshua won and the fact it was after 3/4 rounds where he looked beaten - it puts an end to he hasn't got the chin/ never been tested. I can't stand most boxers - it's WWF (old currency) pre and post fights usually but massive respect to fighters like Klitschko and Joshua - no provado and proper warriors.

Cracking fight Klitschko went for it more than expected and Joshua got through very well

That uppercut was vicious I'd be putting in a whiplash claim after that one

Hopefully the WBA don't pull a dirty trick on Ortiz and line him up for Joshua next that'll be a sterner test than Klitschko

The Quigg fight was decent toe to toe stuff as well

• 3 months later...

Price confirmed for the big fight

The event sees the two worlds of professional boxing and UFC colliding at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26, and will be available to Sky customers on Sky Sports Box Office for £19.95 in the UK and 24.95 for Republic of Ireland

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10969023/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-sky-sports-box-office-to-show-floyd-mayweathers-las-vegas-fight-with-conor-mcgregor

Price confirmed for the big fight

The event sees the two worlds of professional boxing and UFC colliding at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26, and will be available to Sky customers on Sky Sports Box Office for £19.95 in the UK and 24.95 for Republic of Ireland

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10969023/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-sky-sports-box-office-to-show-floyd-mayweathers-las-vegas-fight-with-conor-mcgregor

Big fight my arse. Absolute farce.

McGregor will barely get a sniff of mayweather and will do something to get disqualified like a low blow.

Absolute joke of a fight. In a streetfight McGregor wins.... queensbury rules it's mayweather all night long.

Edited by Hafnia

McGregor will barely get a sniff of mayweather and will do something to get disqualified like a low blow.

Absolute joke of a fight. In a streetfight McGregor wins.... queensbury rules it's mayweather all night long.

i agree and so do fans, apparently espn reporting ticket sales have been slow to non-existent.

I agree but I'll still be watching it. Disqualification has been tipped a lot, might be worth a few quid.

How isn't it a big fight? Farce, probably but the money involved and the two fighters involved make it a big fight.

Good to see the PPV price isn't the rumoured £60 - £100. I for one cannot wait. Mayweather will very much likely win on points but i'll be backing a McGregor KO.

I'm still disgusted by this McGregor mayweather fight...

Absolute farce. The money involved is what makes It worse.

It's an exhibition... nothing more.

only thing i'm thinking Haf is with so many people thinking Floyd takes this, the "rigged" part of boxing might rear its head and we get a mcgregor win for the bookies.

I'm still disgusted by this McGregor mayweather fight...

Absolute farce. The money involved is what makes It worse.

It's an exhibition... nothing more.

Why you so assed? That post just comes across as bitter as fuck.

The two fighters have put on a show to sell the ppv, sponsorships from around the world want to be apart of it, that's why its so high the money involved.

The PPV price isn't anymore than what Joshua vs Klitscho was over here so its not as if we are being ripped off, cant say the same for the Americans. Not sure what they would normally pay for a PPV.

Its a fight, pretty simple. I for one will be watching it.