IGNORED

Your starting 11 from our squad

Palfy

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Wait is this the "headless chicken pressing" that is all of a sudden being valued? I thought players were required to stand and block off the pass route..... all very confusing this or shall I say hypocritical 

Nothing hypocritical at all. Sigurdssen isn'tt a headless chicken he's just a tad too slow to be more effective. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

He does it the best he can, but there's better out there. You'd never see a meme like Firminio for Sigurdssen 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDGO5wzWsAED9Pp.jpg

Sigurdsson has 7 more tackles and 12 more interceptions than firminho this season 🙂

In fact he has more interceptions out of any other forward (ST, RW, LW, CAM) and is only behind Hughes for tackles completed. (Whoscored)

He's a great presser.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Sigurdsson has 7 more tackles and 12 more interceptions than firminho this season 🙂

In fact he has more interceptions out of any other forward (ST, RW, LW, CAM) and is only behind Hughes for tackles completed. (Whoscored)

He's a great presser.

On pressing alone would you rather have Firminio or Sigurdssen? 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The last thing I would knock about Siggy is his pressing.

I'm not saying he's terrible at it. I'm saying that there are better. Sigurdssen closes off passes whereas the likes of Firminio have that extra yard of pace to get in the defenders face. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

On pressing alone would you rather have Firminio or Sigurdssen? 

I'm not saying he's terrible at it. I'm saying that there are better. Sigurdssen closes off passes whereas the likes of Firminio have that extra yard of pace to get in the defenders face. 

This season sigurdsson he has clearly been more influential in his press.

I wouldn't say sigurdsson is faster than firminho, but he is hardly lightening himself. Not much between the two in terms of pace 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

This season sigurdsson he has clearly been more influential in his press.

I wouldn't say sigurdsson is faster than firminho, but he is hardly lightening himself. Not much between the two in terms of pace 

My point is their are better out there at it, Sigurdssen doesn't have the fast twitch muscles to excel at it. 

Have to agree to disagree on that unless you can find the stop watch stats. For me Sigurdssen is very flat track, one paced whereas players like Firminio have a burst to close the gap quicker. 

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

My point is their are better out there at it, Sigurdssen doesn't have the fast twitch muscles to excel at it. 

Have to agree to disagree on that unless you can find the stop watch stats. For me Sigurdssen is very flat track, one paced whereas players like Firminio have a burst to close the gap quicker. 

It all depends on the situation of the press. Everton implement a normal high press whilst Liverpool implement a gengenpress. Gengenpressing suits faster players more but a normal press relies on good reading of the game and discipline. Chalk and cheese I suppose. 

All I know is we would struggle to find an attacking midfielder better than sigurdsson who can implement our press.

I understand your point though. 

"Richarlison is a powerful wide man who is at his best when using his athleticism to hurt opponents.

With a top speed of 34.58km/hr he will add pace and balance to a left-wing position that was mostly occupied by Gylfi Sigurdsson (32.64), striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin(34.63) or the fit-again Yannick Bolasie (33.22) last term."

Absolutely no slouch.....

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

"Richarlison is a powerful wide man who is at his best when using his athleticism to hurt opponents.

With a top speed of 34.58km/hr he will add pace and balance to a left-wing position that was mostly occupied by Gylfi Sigurdsson (32.64), striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin(34.63) or the fit-again Yannick Bolasie (33.22) last term."

Absolutely no slouch.....

Your stats show Sigurdssen is the slowest player. Also it gives top speed. My point is more on acceleration, how quick is he over 5-10 yards would be a better stat to use as a comparison. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Your stats show Sigurdssen is the slowest player. Also it gives top speed. My point is more on acceleration, how quick is he over 5-10 yards would be a better stat to use as a comparison. 

Being fractions behind Richarlison, Bolasie and DCL is no shame at all in top speed. His positioning and stamina mean he can anticipate where to press better than most. Your point is that out of the blocks he's not the quickest, right?

Aidan summed it up perfectly for me. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Being fractions behind Richarlison, Bolasie and DCL is no shame at all in top speed. His positioning and stamina mean he can anticipate where to press better than most. Your point is that out of the blocks he's not the quickest, right?

Aidan summed it up perfectly for me. 

Yea, I'm not saying he doesn't know how to press. Just that he's not got the skill set to be the best at it. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

I just think you've thrown it out there that you don't think he is good at pressing without any real context.  As I've said I was of the belief that he wasn't quick... he is pretty quick. He's a big lad and he can move and he puts in the yards. 

We've I said all of that? 

I've said he's not quick over short distances and that he's reactive. 

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

We've I said all of that? 

I've said he's not quick over short distances and that he's reactive. 

I get what you mean re Siggy, but the two being mentioned are two of the best in the league at it. I dont think not being quite as good as Firminho in that respect is that much of a negative as he is far superior to many other players. 

The bigger problem comes when you have him and another slow player (like Cenk). 

It was rough on Zouma to be left out, and its also tough on Keane, to make changes to the eleven that played for the last four games would weaken the side, as was shown against Newcastle. That team above with Keane or Zouma is the best eleven we have at the moment so why fook about with it.