IGNORED

How did things become so bad so quickly?

Isaiah

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah Chach...explain yourself to the masses.

I never said he's done anything wrong per se but he's the single largest change in inputs, we're now operating under a completely different business model and not sure whether its just transitional or the issues are structural but to leave him out of the equation is a tad naive. Much bigger businessmen than him have taken clubs into the championship and some of the comments he makes to the media are a little concerning.

32 minutes ago, Chach said:

I never said he's done anything wrong per se but he's the single largest change in inputs, we're now operating under a completely different business model and not sure whether its just transitional or the issues are structural but to leave him out of the equation is a tad naive. Much bigger businessmen than him have taken clubs into the championship and some of the comments he makes to the media are a little concerning.

That answer was too straight.

I wanted you to spit your dummy and call us all wankers.

Go away. Come back. Try again.

Some say we need pace. Put Sandro on the left, DCL in the middle, Vlasic on the right and voila. Mix it up with some Lookman and stick with that for long enough to mature. I have no concerns with Siggy, Davies, Rooney and Gana playing in the midfield, as long as Morgan is not there. But I have no idea how to deal with the shitty defense. We need left back, right back and good sane central defender waiting to join us on Jan 1st along with proper striker. That's a must.

5 hours ago, Haiku said:

Some say we need pace. Put Sandro on the left, DCL in the middle, Vlasic on the right and voila. Mix it up with some Lookman and stick with that for long enough to mature. I have no concerns with Siggy, Davies, Rooney and Gana playing in the midfield, as long as Morgan is not there. But I have no idea how to deal with the shitty defense. We need left back, right back and good sane central defender waiting to join us on Jan 1st along with proper striker. That's a must.

Agree with much of what you say. For the defence, I'd bring through some youngsters. We have Keane, Holgate, and Kenny already. Morgan Feeney joined the squad in France. Give him a start. They will make mistakes, but they'll bring much needed speed and determination.

1 hour ago, Lowensda said:

It could get worse. It doesn't just rain....

Our position in the public eye has always been positive/good, no matter how well we did on the pitch. This could be damaging (potentially).

Panorama have a habit of throwing the cat among the pigeons.

A billionaire who wants to throw money at the club and make it big gets investigated....

Yet after years of Phillip green doing the same but using the club the club to boost his finances that was ignored.... 

37 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is nothing more than sensationalism. Usmanov gave his shares away to Moshiri, they were his shares to give away and that's perfectly legal to do so.

The shares now belong to Moshiri, they are his shares to trade as he sees fit. Moshiri is under no obligation to give the shares back to Usmanov for free.

This has nothing to do with dodgy dealing and everything to do with smearing Everton football club. It comes as no surprise that the London based media are trying to dig up dirt on a club in Merseyside.

Everton's approach now should not be to go on the defensive and issue statements but to go on the attack. The BBC are trying to paint the club as "dodgy" so that the public have a bad perception of Everton. I'd be getting my lawyers involved now and looking to sue the BBC for slander.

You can't let some two bit journalist with an axe to grind drag your good name through the mud on the back of some speculation. I'd have the BBC up in court, hopefully it gets abolished as not fit for purpose as a result.

top post paul and i agree 100%

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is nothing more than sensationalism. Usmanov gave his shares away to Moshiri, they were his shares to give away and that's perfectly legal to do so.

The shares now belong to Moshiri, they are his shares to trade as he sees fit. Moshiri is under no obligation to give the shares back to Usmanov for free.

This has nothing to do with dodgy dealing and everything to do with smearing Everton football club. It comes as no surprise that the London based media are trying to dig up dirt on a club in Merseyside.

Everton's approach now should not be to go on the defensive and issue statements but to go on the attack. The BBC are trying to paint the club as "dodgy" so that the public have a bad perception of Everton. I'd be getting my lawyers involved now and looking to sue the BBC for slander.

You can't let some two bit journalist with an axe to grind drag your good name through the mud on the back of some speculation. I'd have the BBC up in court, hopefully it gets abolished as not fit for purpose as a result.

With respect, that line is the whole question.  Whether Usmanov retains some right, beneficial or otherwise, in the shares makes this whole question a matter of interest to those who police such matters.  The use of multiple, opaque, extraterritorial companies means that to answer these questions will take a lot of digging.  

I know of nothing untoward, but some of these alleged relationships certainly cause most reasonable people to at least raise an eye brow.

To many like for like players no pace in the team. Rooney, Baines, Jags, are all finished (to name a few) no width. We've lost our way and what we stand for. A team that plays with skill but has grit a will to win. A team who can play or fight total commitment with players who always give 100%. We need a manager who understands the history of our great club a manager who will play the fast free flowing football we love. A manager who will instil a steely never say die attitude in the players. Moshiri wants to run before we can walk Ancelotti etc are the future. We need to get our identity back first we need to rebuild what type of football our great club stands for. If big Sam is his answer then I for one will be handing back my season ticket I could not watch the type of football he will serve up and the type of player he will bring to the club. We must go for a young manager (Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche) who will add some steel to the team and try and play the style of  football we stand for and make Goodison a ground they all fear again