IGNORED

Jack Harrison

20 hours ago, patto said:

I agree Dyche ball is not great for attacking players Jack looked decent elsewhere. 

I don't think any player can use what is termed Dyche ball as a excuse. There are opertunities in most game for our offensive players to  show moments of quality or make moment of quality happen. The problem is as much the quality (or lack of) of the player as it is the system in which they play.

I remember when Harrison played against us for Leeds, he had a couple of stinkers, if I remember correctly the last game he played against us he was particualy poor.

Being a hard worker has always been his best attribute, genuine quality being spasmodic at best. Dyche ball actually probably suits the worker like Harrison's of this world. 

£8M for Gray was business it seens we couldn't turn down, give our finances,  his fringe position in the squad and him being on his final year.  Being on his final year and he low fee, that has to go down as mostly profit on the books. 

He's not done anywhere near enough to earn a £20m transfer. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Gray offered a huge amount of discontent and "I don't give a shit" too. 

talented player but I'm sick of players taking the piss - which he did. 

He did, indeed - very frustrating - and deservedly gone.

But when I look at this clip, his ability to spring defence into attack, I do get a bit wistful - one of my favourite Everton team goals over the last few years.   

On 11/03/2024 at 12:01, Hafnia said:

Gray offered a huge amount of discontent and "I don't give a shit" too. 

talented player but I'm sick of players taking the piss - which he did. 

I never heard anything about him taking the piss I know what you said earlier. 
but I blamed Dyche from the beginning he just didn’t like gray 

I was happy Gray left & still am. Late to match busses during a relegation scrap & played the game for himself.

Harrison has been a let down, let’s not fall in to the easy trap of blaming Dyche’s “style of play” we have played plenty of attacking football.

The problem is our players who support the striker all have huge short comings. Harrison loses the ball in the attacking third so much, Doucoure has little to no technical ability & and McNeil has 1 foot & zero pace.

10 hours ago, Btay said:

I was happy Gray left & still am. Late to match busses during a relegation scrap & played the game for himself.

Harrison has been a let down, let’s not fall in to the easy trap of blaming Dyche’s “style of play” we have played plenty of attacking football.

The problem is our players who support the striker all have huge short comings. Harrison loses the ball in the attacking third so much, Doucoure has little to no technical ability & and McNeil has 1 foot & zero pace.

Doucoure is a much better footballer than people seem to realise

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Doucoure is a much better footballer than people seem to realise

I don’t agree mate. I’ve said on many occasions I appreciate his physical attributes but I see his technical ability as quite poor.

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

I don’t agree mate. I’ve said on many occasions I appreciate his physical attributes but I see his technical ability as quite poor.

Well put it this way, before he was injured we looked like a coherent team. That's not down to athleticism alone. Also look at some of his strikes of the ball. He's not David Silva but his technical ability is much better than he's given credit for.

On 11/03/2024 at 14:11, RuffRob said:

I don't think any player can use what is termed Dyche ball as a excuse. There are opertunities in most game for our offensive players to  show moments of quality or make moment of quality happen. The problem is as much the quality (or lack of) of the player as it is the system in which they play.

I remember when Harrison played against us for Leeds, he had a couple of stinkers, if I remember correctly the last game he played against us he was particualy poor.

Being a hard worker has always been his best attribute, genuine quality being spasmodic at best. Dyche ball actually probably suits the worker like Harrison's of this world. 

£8M for Gray was business it seens we couldn't turn down, give our finances,  his fringe position in the squad and him being on his final year.  Being on his final year and he low fee, that has to go down as mostly profit on the books. 

He's not done anywhere near enough to earn a £20m transfer. 

Look at DCL I know he s had injurys but he s been awful under Dyche the hoof ball has done him no favours yes I know he s had chances but he is isolated all the time trying to win the hoof ball from pickford this is tactics from Dyche.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Well put it this way, before he was injured we looked like a coherent team. That's not down to athleticism alone. Also look at some of his strikes of the ball. He's not David Silva but his technical ability is much better than he's given credit for.

I’m just going off what seeing the last 18 months here mate, his first time passing and ball control. He is great at getting after flick ons and that but as soon as he gets in space like a traditional #10 I don’t feel that his is strengths.

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m just going off what seeing the last 18 months here mate, his first time passing and ball control. He is great at getting after flick ons and that but as soon as he gets in space like a traditional #10 I don’t feel that his is strengths.

I would tend to agree when he's in a defensive role but when he's in attack he's very good and we've certainly missed his athleticism, his finishing, his linkup play, his work rate... I've just always thought he's massively underrated.