IGNORED

Jack Harrison

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They won’t ask that much - I’m sure we have an agreed fee 

It's a release clause which they'll have set after he signed a five year contract extension, so he won't come on the cheap. They paid City £11m for him so I can't see it being less than £20m, bit higher if they get promoted.

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They won’t ask that much - I’m sure we have an agreed fee 

The piss takers have already reportedly put a value on him of 30 million on him there not gonna get that from us or anyone, and they know that, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get 18-20 million, just not sure if that will be still to much for us. 

On 17/12/2023 at 17:57, MikeO said:

It's a release clause which they'll have set after he signed a five year contract extension, so he won't come on the cheap. They paid City £11m for him so I can't see it being less than £20m, bit higher if they get promoted.

I thought I read it was 16m and could be activated during the present season 

we don’t have to wait till the summer. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They both definitely could’ve got on that floating debris but Rose was a selfish bitch. 

Yeah, wasn’t having that myself. Froze his bollocks off while she slept, frozen stuck to the wardrobe and she peeled him off and he sank. Pretty brutal really. 

over Christmas watch titanic and everytime you hear “Jack” the blokes have to take a drink, every time you hear “Rose” the girls take a drink…..

guaranteed you don’t make the end of the film.  Once you know the frequency of the names you literally can’t unhear them! 

As he has a decent length contract at Leeds I don't think they are obligated to sell him cheap. However, it appears that they are obligated to loan him out to a Premiership club while they remain in the Championship. Really hope Leeds don't come back up next year, firstly becasue they are one of the clubs bitching to the Premierleage about us, but secondly becasue they are unlikley to be able to do fuck all much about it if Harrison what's another season on loan here. That might suit us better financially next season over committing to decent transfer fee. Harrison having the option to simply come here on loan anyhow, migth also help in Everton's negosiations. 

Hats of to those who got him to the club, as a shrewed bit of business getting him in a Everton shirt for the season. He looks like he is enjoying it, and is definately a Dyche type player. 

I do like Jack Harrison, but as a general comment on transfers I don't really want us to be returning to days of paying top transfer fees and wages to players over 25. Turning 28 in November means your usual 4-5 year contracts takes him to 32-33. So never getting a return on wages and the transfer fee invested. 

Another years loan might suit us better. With investment in a younger winger with similar attributes, 

A good player, but only that for me. Loses the ball more than the rest of the team put together. 

Would like him to stay, but wouldn't pay more than 20 for him. I know this will upset a lot of people…. And that’s ok. 
But I think if we are to improve, we need to pay for players that have a bit more than graft. He is a good player don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think he is a massive step up from anything else we have. Danjuma for all his frustrating moments was far more effective when coming on. A loan as well given. 

But at the moment what they are asking for him isn't a realistic valuation for him. 
Sating that… how old is he? If he is young and has time to get better then I may change my mind. But I do feel he is a player that fans want to be great so much… that we sometimes gloss over the negatives. 

Waiting for the firing squad.

His work rate is good, which fits with Dyches templates, but so far he hasn’t produced as much as I thought he would do, he seemed to be more productive at Leeds, something I hoped he would bring here. Can we afford £20m and does he provide value for money, vs Danjuma I’d say yes, Danjuma is too much of a loose cannon and plays for self glory rather than the team.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

A good player, but only that for me. Loses the ball more than the rest of the team put together. 

Would like him to stay, but wouldn't pay more than 20 for him. I k ow this will upset a lot of people…. And that’s ok. 
But I think if we are to improve, we need to pay for players that have a bit more than graft. He is a good player don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think he is a massive step up from anything else we have. Danjuma for all his frustrating moments was far more effective when coming on. A loan as well given. 

But the moment they are asking for him they sent a realistic valuation for him. 
Sating that… how old is he? If he is young and has time to get better then I may change my mind. But I do feel he is a player that fans want to great so much… that we sometimes gloss over the negatives. 

Waiting for the firing squad.

Translator please 😉

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Harsh - I’d point the finger at Gueye personally - didn’t get it out of his feet when there was space.

You could be right but I get so fucked off with how often Harrison gives up possession. I really thought we getting a better technical player than what we've seen but it honestly feels like he loses it every time he gets it (I'm sure it's not that often but it's how it feels).

I like him as a lad and he's a hard worker but he's a shite winger. I think it's exacerbated by the fact we've got a shite winger on the left as well. You can probably get away with having one that is essentially a wide midfielder masquerading as a winger but we've got two of them, and our game plan really revolves around getting it wide and then getting the ball in the box but that requires them beating their man and neither one can do it.

We own McNeil so he's not going anywhere but we have the option to not make the mistake of signing Harrison. There must be a cheaper player on the continent or in the lower leagues that is an actual winger. Over to you Thelwell.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You could be right but I get so fucked off with how often Harrison gives up possession. I really thought we getting a better technical player than what we've seen but it honestly feels like he loses it every time he gets it (I'm sure it's not that often but it's how it feels).

I like him as a lad and he's a hard worker but he's a shite winger. I think it's exacerbated by the fact we've got a shite winger on the left as well. You can probably get away with having one that is essentially a wide midfielder masquerading as a winger but we've got two of them, and our game plan really revolves around getting it wide and then getting the ball in the box but that requires them beating their man and neither one can do it.

We own McNeil so he's not going anywhere but we have the option to not make the mistake of signing Harrison. There must be a cheaper player on the continent or in the lower leagues that is an actual winger. Over to you Thelwell.

I think what we are seeing with Harrison, is a player who wants to run at and take players on every time he gets the ball in advanced areas, frustratingly it’s not always the right thing to try and do, and a lot of the time he ends up running into 2-3 players and loses the ball, his passing may not be good but he’s no where near the worst in the team when it comes to that part of the game. 
For me I’d rather see a player with confidence trying to take players on than turning round and playing it back all the time, as we are seeing now with McNeil, a player who last season took players on and created opportunities, yet also gave the ball up on regular basis, yet this season he hardly ever takes a man on, but turns and makes a back pass, and for them reasons his game has become very uninspiring low key. 
We need players like Harrison with the positive attitude he has when in possession, they do more good than bad in the team dynamics. But having said that I’m not saying he is perfect and that we can’t improve by finding better versions of that type of player. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I like him and think he is very underrated. He has 6 goal contributions in 18 games, so 1 in 3, which is pretty good for a player in this Everton side on the run were on

Not to mention he is also been playing out of position for a chunk of those games

He also puts a shift in every game and is very much a Dyche type player

Personally for the reported £20m fee I will be very disappointed if we don’t sign him permanently

I like him for what we are currently. We are desperate for a bit of pace and dynamism on the wings but that either comes at sky high cost or comes in the form of a ‘young rouge’ who’s likely to have as many off days as great days - players we’ve seen here like Geri, Gordon and Lookman. As above, Harrison, for anything up to £20m is a no-brainer for me as, like McNeil, he’s steady - both put in a shift and are a threat going forward. If we have McNeil and Harrison as a starting point, it makes it so much easier to give minutes to a ‘live wire’ winger who’s got a bit of magic but may not be as good putting the miles in in tougher battles.

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I like him for what we are currently. We are desperate for a bit of pace and dynamism on the wings but that either comes at sky high cost or comes in the form of a ‘young rouge’ who’s likely to have as many off days as great days - players we’ve seen here like Geri, Gordon and Lookman. As above, Harrison, for anything up to £20m is a no-brainer for me as, like McNeil, he’s steady - both put in a shift and are a threat going forward. If we have McNeil and Harrison as a starting point, it makes it so much easier to give minutes to a ‘live wire’ winger who’s got a bit of magic but may not be as good putting the miles in in tougher battles.

Less of the fucking rouge, we don't want r*d round here.

Look, I get it and I wouldn't mind if one of our wingers played like an an actual winger, but I think it's killing us that neither one is anything remotely like a winger. They're nothing more than steady Eddie's with absolutely no pace. If we could get Harrison on loan again I'd be alright with that but to spend money on him would be a mistake in my opinion.

We don't really have pace anywhere in our side and it massively holds us back when we also lack technical ability. I found myself quite envious of Luton (ffs!) yesterday. Obviously not because of the result but they have a few players that have speed and it makes up for a lack of ability. I think it's something we desperately need to add to our team and I've been banging that drum for years. So maybe I find myself frustrated with Harrison because it's something we've neglected which seems to obvious and I'm taking my frustration out on him. 

I’ve got mixed feelings about him, he led the press really well yesterday, which for 71 minutes worked really well, City no shots on target at home. But he does lose the ball far to easily, and has an abundance of woeful passing and shooting, then will pop up with a sublime pass or shot that goes in.

Will we buy him, at £20m yes I think we will.