IGNORED

Jack Harrison

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

A player like Harrison will show a player like Gray what he should and could be. 

Gray is more talented. He has better technique, he is a better dribbler, he is a better finisher, he is quicker and is more electric with his acceleration. However Harrison isn't much worse but he has a far better brain and he will make more good decisions and those good decisions will lead to better individual and team performances. 

I don’t actually think gray is quicker or more technical. 

looked at Harrison a bit on videos now,  his first touch is better than anyone in our side.  Better crosser, can go either side on his dribbles with either foot so a defender can’t show him one way and feel that there is an advantage. 

deceptively quick and excellent close control. I’d say gray looks a better finisher maybe but with that said gray used to waste an awful lot.   He’s a big upgrade for me. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

looked at Harrison a bit on videos now,  his first touch is better than anyone in our side.  Better crosser, can go either side on his dribbles with either foot so a defender can’t show him one way and feel that there is an advantage. 

deceptively quick and excellent close control. I’d say gray looks a better finisher maybe but with that said gray used to waste an awful lot.   He’s a big upgrade for me. 

I think Harrison will surprise a few as he is a very solid player. A much, much better version of Townsend for me. If by some miracle we can get Dom fit I am sure we will see plenty of dangerous crosses from Harrison for him. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I doubt that would be many quicker than Gray over short distances, I don't see that in Harrison personally, not that I am saying he is a slouch.

Gray is one of the quickest dribblers at speed but he just runs into trouble and then hold on to it for too long.

The point is that Harrison is a far better decision maker and an upgrade on what we have, which is something I think we can both agree on!

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Still a bit weird we’ve not had a proper unveiling, photos with the shirt and interview. Maybe doing rehab abroad and never actually travelled to FF?

Also still has Leeds and no Everton on all his socials.  Though technically he is still a Leeds player on loan. Also hasn't posted since he signed his new contract in April.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Just gonna throw this out there…… his first touch is nearing James Rodriguez levels.

very very good. Technically looks so good. 

I haven’t seen enough to agree or disagree, but I do know he’s able to use both feet (Dwight take note) James was predominately left footed.

16 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I haven’t seen enough to agree or disagree, but I do know he’s able to use both feet (Dwight take note) James was predominately left footed.

Only seen a couple of examples but the manner with which he did it suggests he is ridiculously natural.    Seen a few that spring to mind:- foden, berbatov, mahrez, James, bergkamp, 

forgot Lukaku 🤣

• 1 month later...