IGNORED

Jack Harrison

1 minute ago, RPG said:

This deal is starting to feel like 'sloppy seconds' to me. And it's a sade indeication of our situation that I for one am still pleased he appears to be joining us.

How will Harrison now be received by Everton, now that it is public knowledge that he was prepared to walk away from us at the last minute to join Villa - if the 'ITKs' are correct?

But that's the thing, that might all have been bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Pretty sure there will be agents/clubs in the know before bobble announced it. 

his agent will have bandied him about as soon as our bid was accepted.  That’s their job to get them the best deal. 

Yeah it’s a bit silly to think that other clubs with interest  wouldn’t know.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Mate, it happened 7 months ago with Danjuma 😂

Totally different circumstances though. And reasons.

This, to me, would show just how far down the pecking order we are for a generation of players who only know Everton as a mediocre (at best) club. Slow decline over 30 years I guess 🤷‍♂️.

All ifs and buts though.

I think we all know its tricky for us. We have to negotiate hard...for every penny...it leaves it easy for others to sweep in and take our targets.

However, we usually are pretty good at keeping quiet on our deals. It's one of the few things I've always been 'proud' of in recent times.

16 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I think we all know its tricky for us. We have to negotiate hard...for every penny...it leaves it easy for others to sweep in and take our targets.

However, we usually are pretty good at keeping quiet on our deals. It's one of the few things I've always been 'proud' of in recent times.

That’s because we’ve hardly made any deals in the last 12 months, so it’s easy to keep quiet about nothing😉

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Years of mismanagement, poor transfer decisions, back to back relegation fights. 

It's the club's fault that we're not an enticing option to go to anymore. 

Even if you believe this to be true, it’s a pointless observation. Short of a Time Machine, we can do nothing to change our past. 

Best to focus on what we can do to improve the club going forward. 

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

Even if you believe this to be true, it’s a pointless observation. Short of a Time Machine, we can do nothing to change our past. 

Best to focus on what we can do to improve the club going forward. 

I was giving a reason for why a player might choose to go elsewhere...

Just made the mistake of watching his highlights from last season. A lot of good shit rammed into 4 minutes. Proper highlights.

Then made the mistake of watching Gnotos. Obviously a lot more raw, being younger etc.

But imagining these 2 alongside McNeil.

I shouldn't have done it. Really shouldn't have 🙈

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not sold on him being a decent player till @Bailey tells us he’s not been impressed by him. 
🤣

over to you Bailey! 

Let me watch a view videos and I'll come back to you 😉

I don't think you can go wrong with Harrison. He has enough pace, good feet and technical ability to go with it and he makes lots of good decisions. He is exactly the type of solid all-round player we seemingly have done our best to avoid in the past. 

Would still love Gnonto as well though! 

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Paul Joyce he said Harrison has passed his medical.

That’s with Everton incase there was any doubt :lol:.

Do other clubs go through the same shite as us when it comes to signing players, or have we managed to corner the market.  

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Jesus, I spend the day at a kids birthday party and don’t bother with football after the disappointing result yesterday and I miss all this fun!!

Also, Kevin has a very limited phone book. 😂

I think the phone plan the club put him on has a few numbers with unlimited free calls - Leeds being one of them

So, Bobble and Fab were completely and utterly wrong yesterday.

If it's to do with team news on a match day it's clear Bobble has a source but if it's anything other than that then take it with a huge pinch of salt and wait for someone reputable to confirm it. And Fab? Well, we all know what he's like these days.

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So, Bobble and Fab were completely and utterly wrong yesterday.

If it's to do with team news on a match day it's clear Bobble has a source but if it's anything other than that then take it with a huge pinch of salt and wait for someone reputable to confirm it. And Fab? Well, we all know what he's like these days.

Can be made permanent during the loan? That makes me think it's already setup.