IGNORED

Jack Harrison

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Less of the fucking rouge, we don't want r*d round here.

Oops - rogue rather! 🫣

Callum O’Hare impressing again for Coventry - free agent in the summer. I’d love him here. More of a 10 than a winger but a class playmaker at Championship level anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More & more disappointed with him after each appearance. I said we would get more out of him than we would from Iwobi/Gray but that was wrong. Great work ethic but loses the ball so much. 

He has so much confidence in his own ability to beat his man, and never hides he is constantly looking for the ball, unfortunately his ability is well below his own level of confidence, but I have to say I admire his determination and his willingness to have ago. 
I would rather see that than the half hearted player that is McNeil, at least with Harrison you know he won’t go down without a fight, yet McNeil would struggle to reach a whimper, what an absolute joke he has been this season yet he still becomes one of the first names on the team sheet, and for me that highlights the poor decisions that Dyche constantly makes when it comes to player performance, he never seems to see when something or someone isn’t working, so frustrating at times it makes my blood boil. 

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He has so much confidence in his own ability to beat his man, and never hides he is constantly looking for the ball, unfortunately his ability is well below his own level of confidence, but I have to say I admire his determination and his willingness to have ago. 
I would rather see that than the half hearted player that is McNeil, at least with Harrison you know he won’t go down without a fight, yet McNeil would struggle to reach a whimper, what an absolute joke he has been this season yet he still becomes one of the first names on the team sheet, and for me that highlights the poor decisions that Dyche constantly makes when it comes to player performance, he never seems to see when something or someone isn’t working, so frustrating at times it makes my blood boil. 

I'd choose McNeil over Harrison any day. Jack Harrison has been a big disappointment for me.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

McNeil has extreme mitigating factors, far from a joke. He shouldn't be playing but what choice do we have at the moment?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

McNeil has extreme mitigating factors, far from a joke. He shouldn't be playing but what choice do we have at the moment?

Exactly he shouldn’t be playing, yes I feel sorry for him and his girlfriend, but if his personal problems are effecting the way he is doing his job, then he shouldn’t be playing, if he’s not emotionally fit enough to leave his personal problems on the sidelines then he shouldn’t be on the pitch. 
His poor performances aren’t just letting the team and his teammates down, they are letting the thousands and thousands of supporters down, he’s obviously struggling and can’t cope, so should be dropped until such time he can give his all back to his job. 
This is a big business worth millions a year with  hundreds of people relying on it for their livelihoods, and thousands who have strong emotional attachment, you don’t put that at risk even in the slightest way by playing someone who has clearly demonstrated that he has no form this season. 
There are options to take him out the team for the benefit of the team, you just have to look for them, I would say an inexperienced Dobbin would contribute far more to the dynamics of the team than a very poor McNeil, who shouldn’t have been starting most games this season on performances alone. 
And if he needs to be at his girlfriends side to give his full attention to supporting her then that’s were he should be I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem when he runs out for Everton every week and let’s the team and fans down. 
Unfortunately in this game you can’t just put in 90% because the other 10% is elsewhere, because it will find you out and highlight just how far you are off your game, which it has with him. 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'd choose McNeil over Harrison any day. Jack Harrison has been a big disappointment for me.

And McNeil hasn’t, you obviously haven’t seen many games, so I won’t bother getting into to a discussion with you over this, than just say Harrison gives 100% every game, and try’s to be proactive when in possession, I have said his ability to beat players isn’t what it should be, but he doesn’t go hiding he keeps fighting to try and make a difference. 
McNeil is showing nothing this season he’s just drifting around the centre of the pitch in a trance like state, giving Mykolenko a torrid time by leaving him to pretty much cover the whole of the left wing on his own, which he is doing a fantastic job while doing so. 

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And McNeil hasn’t, you obviously haven’t seen many games, so I won’t bother getting into to a discussion with you over this, than just say Harrison gives 100% every game, and try’s to be proactive when in possession, I have said his ability to beat players isn’t what it should be, but he doesn’t go hiding he keeps fighting to try and make a difference. 
McNeil is showing nothing this season he’s just drifting around the centre of the pitch in a trance like state, giving Mykolenko a torrid time by leaving him to pretty much cover the whole of the left wing on his own, which he is doing a fantastic job while doing so. 

Giving 100% of below average is still below average. I like Harrison but I'm far from convinced. 

But both he and McNeil are wingers, they've always blown hot and cold. Not good enough for sure but as I keep asking around; what's the alternative?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Giving 100% of below average is still below average. I like Harrison but I'm far from convinced. 

But both he and McNeil are wingers, they've always blown hot and cold. Not good enough for sure but as I keep asking around; what's the alternative?

I would say giving 100% of yourself is all anyone can ask for, and if there 100% isn’t good enough for the top level, then they need to find a level where it is, I would say this is the case with Harrison, but I admire is fortitude of constantly giving it a go.

I’m disappointed with McNeil’s work rate and contribution to the team, more so when we have seen many times what he’s capable of doing, but this season it just isn’t there, he’s a shell of what we know he can be. 
We are in desperate times on and off the pitch, but when you have 4 players who regularly start struggling with form this season or simply not good enough, as a manager it’s your responsibility to find a different way instead of persisting with what isn’t in the hope your fortunes change, because through experience most of us would agree that if you want things to change they inevitably never happen without making the changes yourself, football is like life if it isn’t working change it until you find what does work. 
I don’t need to tell you mate, the changes you have had to make in the last 5-6 years in your life have been sizeable, but if you never made those changes no matter how difficult they were, you would probably be in a far worse position than you are now, even if you don’t feel that where you are now is perfect and there are still changes to make in your future. 
Apologies I’ve gone of track slightly there, but the principles are the same Dyche has to make changes to his line up and style of play if he wants to change the situation we have been in the last 11 league games no win and only 6 points. 
He did replace DCL as a starter with Beto which had a positive result, we got a forward on the score sheet for the first time since December, now he needs to try something else, that could be drop Harrison and put Garner on RW, put Gomes in the midfield, also he could consider giving Dobbin a try on the LW by dropping McNeil. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I would say giving 100% of yourself is all anyone can ask for, and if there 100% isn’t good enough for the top level, then they need to find a level where it is, I would say this is the case with Harrison, but I admire is fortitude of constantly giving it a go.

I’m disappointed with McNeil’s work rate and contribution to the team, more so when we have seen many times what he’s capable of doing, but this season it just isn’t there, he’s a shell of what we know he can be. 
We are in desperate times on and off the pitch, but when you have 4 players who regularly start struggling with form this season or simply not good enough, as a manager it’s your responsibility to find a different way instead of persisting with what isn’t in the hope your fortunes change, because through experience most of us would agree that if you want things to change they inevitably never happen without making the changes yourself, football is like life if it isn’t working change it until you find what does work. 
I don’t need to tell you mate, the changes you have had to make in the last 5-6 years in your life have been sizeable, but if you never made those changes no matter how difficult they were, you would probably be in a far worse position than you are now, even if you don’t feel that where you are now is perfect and there are still changes to make in your future. 
Apologies I’ve gone of track slightly there, but the principles are the same Dyche has to make changes to his line up and style of play if he wants to change the situation we have been in the last 11 league games no win and only 6 points. 
He did replace DCL as a starter with Beto which had a positive result, we got a forward on the score sheet since December, now he needs to try something else, that could be drop Harrison and put Garner on RW, put Gomes in the midfield, also he could consider giving Dobbin a try on the LW by dropping McNeil. 

I don't disagree, I just don't see alternatives. Probably why we've reverted to long ball so often of late, the wingers aren't doing their jobs well enough rather than Dyche just being stubborn?

Garner isn't a winger, he may be in poor form now but he's still best in the middle. I'd personally like him sat in front of the defence more and act as deep lying playmaker, give him more creative licence. Dobbin isn't either in my opinion (not shown anything to suggest he should be a starter either) but I guess when you've no other choice why not? Only thing with McNeil and Harrison is that they can occasionally create something out of nothing. 

You are right on my personal situation but I do regret moving back to England and miss home every day. Then again, had I not moved I'd probably be dead already so a bit of homesickness is a small price to pay.

Neither Mc Neil or Harrison haven't been particiualy consistent this season.

They provide a solid enough base, but have generally not offered a signifcant amounts offensivley - considering that they are our offesive outlets. How I would love to be watching the McNeil we watched this time last year. we know McNeil does have it in his locker. The problem is we don't have a great choice beyond the pair of them at the moment, either to be putting there places in the team under pressure or to be offering a great deal off the bench.

As a player with us on loan Harrison is doing a OK job, but as a player we should go and spend £20M on then, I don't think so in what I think is going to be a very subdued transfer market this summer.

I really think it will be a buyers this summer. I think the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle will be trying to shift players and big earners, but equally not spending massivley to replace them.

Fuck knows what Everton's plans will be, will we be a Premiership or Championship team and will we have a new owner or not. Probably two of the biggest questions you could have before making any sort of concrete transfer plans. 

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of seeing him doing that stupid jink on the tips of his toes as if he's going to go past his man (what does that mean I hear you ask! :lol:) and then either just fall into the defender or pass it backwards.

I was really pleased with his signing and thought it was a sensible move (and it still is to a certain extent because we didn't buy him) but I sincerely hope I don't see him playing for us next season.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Would just like to add that we're certainly not the easiest team to play for at the moment. Makes it quite hard to see a players full potential.

I agree Dyche ball is not great for attacking players Jack looked decent elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of seeing him doing that stupid jink on the tips of his toes as if he's going to go past his man (what does that mean I hear you ask! :lol:) and then either just fall into the defender or pass it backwards.

I was really pleased with his signing and thought it was a sensible move (and it still is to a certain extent because we didn't buy him) but I sincerely hope I don't see him playing for us next season.

The player I thought we were getting vs the player we got is a massive difference. Hard worker yes but technical ability has been disappointing.

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

He’s just an average premier league winger. If we had four wingers then he would be a really good option. As with any winger blowing hot and cold, you need alternatives for the cold spell. We don’t have any. 

Agree, he's not justified his 20m supposed fee though

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's also not a winger. He has zero attributes of a winger. He's just a midfielder that plays out wide - a throwback you might say.

Luckily, we can throw him back to Leeds.

Gray offered loads more - even when he offered nothing. There was the hope he might offer something. 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

Luckily, we can throw him back to Leeds.

Gray offered loads more - even when he offered nothing. There was the hope he might offer something. 

Gray offered a huge amount of discontent and "I don't give a shit" too. 

talented player but I'm sick of players taking the piss - which he did.