IGNORED

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Friday January 5th

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Big Sam doesn't talk to the BBC

Really?

I’m interested in Klopps reaction. Lots of my liverpool mates are saying the Pen was stonewall and 100x times more a pen than DCL’s. Typical of them. Personally I think both cases the defenders have allowed the risk of a decision to be made but holgates is less of a pen  in my opinion.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

If that was the case you'd have a pens given after every corner. 

There’s becoming a major lack of consistency. Can’t blame Lallana for going down, his touch went away from him - I’m pretty sure morgan was back to clean up from the turn so he goes down and gambles for a decision. If he stays up morgan clears and play continues with out and appeal or suspicion of a foul. 

Refs have created this mind set of play I’m afraid.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Refs don't give pens at corners. The reason is because most of the grappling occurs before the ball is kicked. It can't be a foul if the ball is not in play. The only thing a ref could do is book or send someone off for some unsportsmanlike conduct.

Once the ball is in play most players let go of each other and because it's such a melee anyway the ref doesn't give anything.

Do you even watch corners?

But they went through a stage of enforcing if recently. Pens were given for grappling I think last year or the year before 

27 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

You think Calvert Lewin is good enough to lead the line in the Premier League?

Or Oumar Niasse?

Tactics didn't make Holgate put his arms around Lallana, inexperience did that. Doesn't matter what we think about it, the player will always go to ground there and the ref will give a pen.

Tactics didn't make Bolasie hoof it over the bar instead of slotting Sigurdsson in again.

These are individual errors caused by players not being good enough.

Cuco Martina isn'ttt good enough. We need a proper left footer, I have NEVER seen him push the ball down the line and put a cross in. He always has to cut inside to use his right foot, he suffers from this problem when he's being turned by a winger. He's on his weaker side and gets done time and again.

I watch for these little errors VERY CLOSELY.

Yes, I do. When thinking in long terms. You build up a team. Buying a team is to me not interesting and I think clubs lose their idendity when doing so. Think in long terms really.

And I think most can see that Martina is not that compfy playing that position, right.

I don’t like losing but losing to them really hurts. Hate them with a passion. Devil’s club I tell you. Never seen such a lucky team in my life. Everything goes their way. Horrible lot! Fans, players, coaches, past players.... they’re all disgusting. Bottle of wine it is drowning my sorrows for the 16th time in a row after failing to beat them! Fuck sakes Everton, all I ask for is one win! Grow a back bone and do it.

44 minutes ago, Btay said:

There’s becoming a major lack of consistency. Can’t blame Lallana for going down, his touch went away from him - I’m pretty sure morgan was back to clean up from the turn so he goes down and gambles for a decision. If he stays up morgan clears and play continues with out and appeal or suspicion of a foul. 

Refs have created this mind set of play I’m afraid.

If it was the other way round we’d have our player charged tomorrow with simulation. 

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not sure how he would take offence to that unless he speaks portuguese.  hell that's one of the benefits of so many foreigners, they can't get under your skin if they don't speak the language.

Because in the heat of the moment it would mouth like, and the end sound like - ger. 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thats what i thought he said, and if so he should be banned.  but if it's just a curse word mason should be better than that.  don't all the guys trash talk out there?  or is that just american sports?

Firminio has probably said the first one, but Holgate has probably heard the second. You'd not hear 'puta' used over here. 

8 hours ago, barryj said:

If it was the other way round we’d have our player charged tomorrow with simulation. 

Well DCL did it a few weeks ago at the same end to be fair. Was t much difference to be fair.

We can’t say DCLs was and that Lamas wasn’t. 

Not saying you were saying DCLs was by the way. But most people agreed with that one.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Apparently firmino said 'puta' to Holgate. 

Go to any ground and listen. Players shout and swear at each other and the red all game. Holgate needed to show a bit more discipline there and accept that he virtually threw Firminho into the boards. 

To be fair to him, he had a solid second half and seemed to really step up.

Doing my head in this “ at least we had a go”

all over Twitter and “proud of them” - they fucking beat us without their 2 best players- AGAIN!!! Not interested in any of that- we lost another fucking Derby and that’s alls that matters. We’ve resorted to saying our fans were well better than theirs because we celebrated better- fucking hell- has it really come to this?? It’s ok we lost because our fans celebrate better- it’s embarrassing, they hardly celebrate because they are that used to beating us it’s just another game against an inferior side.

longest run of games EVER with defeat in a Merseyside derby now goes to Liverpool but we won the best fans award- sound.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Go to any ground and listen. Players shout and swear at each other and the red all game. Holgate needed to show a bit more discipline there and accept that he virtually threw Firminho into the boards. 

To be fair to him, he had a solid second half and seemed to really step up.

He should have thrown the little twat into Stanley Park.