IGNORED

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Friday January 5th

markjazzbassist

Holgate reacts to what the shit says after calling him a son of a bitch, which is hidden by players getting in the way. I hope if he was racist towards Mason that he's fully punished, but I won't hold out hope on that. I'm sure their shameful fans will be getting t-shirts printed to support him throughout any investigation.

In relation to the actual game - I was far more disappointed after the draw at their place. At least this time we showed some quality (in the second half at least). I'm not saying I'm happy with the result, or even with the performance (in total), but there are positives to take from that and I hope our manager does and realises that we can actually attack when the shackles are off, and there is no reason to play teams like West Brom and Bournemouth and hope to nick it - we can actually go into games set out to win if we're allowed to.

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

In relation to the actual game - I was far more disappointed after the draw at their place. At least this time we showed some quality (in the second half at least). I'm not saying I'm happy with the result, or even with the performance (in total), but there are positives to take from that and I hope our manager does and realises that we can actually attack when the shackles are off, and there is no reason to play teams like West Brom and Bournemouth and hope to nick it - we can actually go into games set out to win if we're allowed to.

I agree - wasn’t expecting much last night but actually felt quite optimistic post match. McCarthy’s tenacity was a big plus and Bolasie’s general quality. I think there were loads of positives last night.

We need to build for next season now. Get momentum now! When Leicester won the league (and I’m not saying we’re going to emulate them) they went on a great run at the end of the season before and in Walsh and Shakespeare, we have 2 of the men behind that. Big Sam may not be long term but people like Shakespeare (and Walsh) can become part of the infrastructure of the club whoever the manager.

Fuck those red twats. I feel bad for you Scousers who have to put up with their shit after these games. For a moment I really thought we were gonna least draw. FUCK.  FUCK. 

On the positive, we gave it a proper go at times, and with a new striker in hand, I see us travelling down a new road. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42508636

seems Klopp was quite gracious, saying we tried to play football and that it wasn’t a penalty 

"It was a similar situation [to the penalty against Liverpool for Everton last month]: the first one was no penalty in my opinion and this one wasn't also. It's the same." 

Not gracious or similar at all. DCL was a pen all day, very soft of Lovren to make the challenge. 

The Liverpool biased commentary aside no one thinks there was enough in Lallana to be a pen. Contact sport, every defender would have done the same as Holgate. Can't imagine many players would have gone down like Lallana from it.. More so considering its physically impossible to be caused from that contact.

Would that own have been given at the other end? Would it shite. Thought the ref was particularly shite when it comes to the lads from Yorkshire DCL and Holgate. They do say how they hate each other there. 

20 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

If Firmino did shout a racial slur, which is being implied, I wonder how van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Sturridge, and others will view the matter? Would they have the guts to stand with Holgate against racism? If so, it would change the sport once and for all.

The same way the Black Liverpool players viewed Suarez’ racism towards Evra. 

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, albeit in with the wrong crowd, we got tickets from a relative who holds a senior position in a major broadcaster.

we were in the Dalglish stand, totally surrounded by home fans, I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life, not being able to vent my emotion, and hearing the vile abuse of everything Everton related, we got some dirty looks when we couldn't suppress a muted "get in" when Siggy equalised. It was brilliant hearing our supporters throughout the game while sitting with the home crown, but I so wished we could have been in with them.

Liverpool were there for the taking last night, particularly after we equalised, Sam should have kept DCL on and gone two upfront, McCarthy and Bolasie were gassed and needed replacing.

Niasse should have been covering the post when they scored, basic error.

Martina was dreadful, he either  gave the ball away, or failed to win his tackles, failed to put any crosses in.

Rooney was stupid, early bad tackle made when no real pressure put him on thin ice for the rest of the game.

Holgate clearly thought he had been verbally abused, on TV. Replay you can see how he responds when he hears whatever was said, clearly incensed, and if true, it will be interesting to see if as mention earlier how his teammates will respond.