IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

26th largest to be pedantic, but it does have a population around twenty times that of Liverpool (Merseyside isn'ttt a city) so I get your point.

And all so the London teams pool a hell of a lot of supporters from an 80 or so miles radius from outside London. 

If you look at city’s ground they hardly ever sell out. I think if the sky money stays around it won’t be an issue. Gone are the days that the crowd pay the players wages. 52k is perfect for us initially. We will sell out most games and hopefully have a demand for more. Can’t wait now to see the plans I’ve got a feeling it’s going to blow everyone away 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

26th largest to be pedantic, but it does have a population around twenty times that of Liverpool (Merseyside isn'ttt a city) so I get your point.

Plus how much more tourism do they get?

And everyone wanting a 60k stadium, bear in mind that even if those 10k extra seats were sold out every game ticket income would only increase by 6-8 million per season. A modest hike in prices could generate 10 million, assuming they are all still sold. Considering revenue will soon be 200 million it's hardly going to transform the club. And obviously it would cost close to 100 million (current estimate for a seat for the 52k stadium is £7k and Meis has said the last 10k is always the most expensive) which would have to be paid back as well. For a 40 year loan it would mean 2,5 million per year plus interest, which would mean somewhere between three and four million.

Refreshments add a bit to that but since number of tourists at the match is lower than, say that other lot's, an average Everton fan don't spend as much at the match. Overseas fans visiting will spend money on scarves, shirts, programmes etc. They might buy a cuppa but just getting them to buy their pints from the stadium instead of a pub on the way to and from the match is a big task.

The big difference between GP and BMD in any case are the executive boxes. GP is desperately short in this regard. BMD can have plenty of them. And this is the real kicker. Club will be able to sell tons more boxes, especially because it's a new stadium at a great location.

A lot off suggestion about revenue from the seats but its not about that, its about getting more supporters in the ground who are not able to get in now. It will also produce more sound to roar the team on.

52 thou is selling ourselves short, Newcastle get 50 thou every home game even when they were bottom of the league early this season.  You must have heard of that famous saying, " If you build it they will come".  If we don't build it now 62 thou will never happen. And we will forever be 2nd behind that other team.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/12582/Idrissa-Gueye/stats

Just thought I would have a quick look up in regards your point in another thread Palfy about him not being able to close down... and o it being able to tackle.

Not going to say much as you can read yourself.

But suffice to say... have you ever heard the song .... shutdown? If not.... we’ll the stats do exactly that to you mate. 

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/12582/Idrissa-Gueye/stats

Just thought I would have a quick look up in regards your point in another thread Palfy about him not being able to close down... and o it being able to tackle.

Not going to say much as you can read yourself.

But suffice to say... have you ever heard the song .... shutdown? If not.... we’ll the stats do exactly that to you mate. 

Massive own goal Shukes them stats prove what I’ve been saying no quality or creativity but he can tackle👍😂

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Massive own goal Shukes them stats prove what I’ve been saying no quality or creativity but he can tackle👍😂

Come back down to earth. Those stats show that he passes just as long as his obvious counterpart Kante, equals him in pretty mich every department other than tackling... which he obviously beats him. 

See what I did... put it out there, but did my honework.... drew you in... then delivered the decisive part.

Palfy I’m giving free lessons mate. I’m willing to help you out... if only you could accept it 😉

waiting while you look at the Kante stats off the same site now. You’ll probably point out that Kante has 1 (one... that’s zero) more long passes than Gana... which shows he is at a different level

Doh! Just realised what you mean Palf... I’m the wrong thread haha your right... own goal!

1 hour ago, Bill said:

A lot off suggestion about revenue from the seats but its not about that, its about getting more supporters in the ground who are not able to get in now. It will also produce more sound to roar the team on.

52 thou is selling ourselves short, Newcastle get 50 thou every home game even when they were bottom of the league early this season.  You must have heard of that famous saying, " If you build it they will come".  If we don't build it now 62 thou will never happen. And we will forever be 2nd behind that other team.

Newcastle are the only club in town, though. And stadium size won't matter if we are to climb beyond them. That extra few million per year means nothing at all when you consider their revenue is about twice as big.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Come back down to earth. Those stats show that he passes just as long as his obvious counterpart Kante, equals him in pretty mich every department other than tackling... which he obviously beats him. 

See what I did... put it out there, but did my honework.... drew you in... then delivered the decisive part.

Palfy I’m giving free lessons mate. I’m willing to help you out... if only you could accept it 😉

waiting while you look at the Kante stats off the same site now. You’ll probably point out that Kante has 1 (one... that’s zero) more long passes than Gana... which shows he is at a different level 😀

Your have to wait a while for me to look at Kantes stats, I need  a shower and change of clothes your last post caused me to piss myself with laughter 😉😂

31 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t get all the stat bollocks. Football is a game of opinions. I could look at a load of graphs which tell me how effective Omar Niasse is coming off the bench. What the graph doesn’t tell me is he’s complete shite. 

I agree... no wait... I agree for other players.... not for Gana though... stats rule!

No idea what I think really haha.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

Newcastle are the only club in town, though. And stadium size won't matter if we are to climb beyond them. That extra few million per year means nothing at all when you consider their revenue is about twice as big.

That's a silly statement, they have Sunderland and Middlesboro to contend with, while we have Tranmere Rovers to compete with. No contest.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m happy for us to go bigger, means I have a better chance of getting a season ticket. Hoping with the current holders, a 10k waiting list and adding a huge lid of seats... I might get a chance.

they are adding 14k seats and only have 10k on the list.  you will get a ticket no doubt, math says so :)

6 hours ago, Bill said:

There is only one team in Newcastle so that’s a poor comparison and what happens if we go straight to 60 k and end up with a half empty stadium every week?

I honestly think selling 52k  every week is optermistic at the moment

If they get this wrong we’re fucked for life, building an iconic 52k stadium on the banks of the Mersey is hardly playing it safe,  and having an option to extend makes sense if it proves the demand is there, but going all in on 62k would be reckless IMO

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It's easy enough to cover seats at the top with a banner. Put Everton/NSNO or advertising covering the seats for games we don't sell out. 

They have done that at my local baseball team stadium (progressive field) except they covered the seats with structures in the upper decks. It looks awful an it’s a punchline to endless Jokes.  I would not want to do that.

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

A banner wouldn’t effect it in the slightest, a half empty stadium on the other hand ....

Wouldn't be half empty. You take the back 5 rows of every stand and you wouldn't even notice. Or take 20 rows on one stand and put a banner over them or errect boarding to hide the seats and effectively be a fake wall we can put advertising on. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Wouldn't be half empty. You take the back 5 rows of every stand and you wouldn't even notice. Or take 20 rows on one stand and put a banner over them or errect boarding to hide the seats and effectively be a fake wall we can put advertising on. 

Why would you even want to be in a situation where the club cover up unused seats? Why spend millions on an extra 10,000 seats to cover them up when there is an option to just build them in if they are needed?

if we are selling out 52,000 every week and still have a waiting list after maybe five years they will build it up, if not, they won’t. No loss. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why would you even want to be in a situation where the club cover up unused seats? Why spend millions on an extra 10,000 seats to cover them up when there is an option to just build them in if they are needed?

if we are selling out 52,000 every week and still have a waiting list after maybe five years they will build it up, if not, they won’t. No loss. 

We don't know if they will be needed but it would be more cost effective to build them now than later down the line. Saves money and shows ambition, at worst we cover them up for bottom half games.