IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don’t buy that. Are they so petty they’d fuck over their own city?

i think it’s to avoid any political complications 

Yes they are.

I'm not saying they've actually prevented this, but that the stink their fans kicked up when it was first mooted and would inevitably have kicked up if we went down that road will have been a factor in us not doing it. 

It seems they are using the council money from what Moshiri said...

"I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit, we will complete the stadium. We will raise £350m through the city, the naming rights will be some more. There is an equity gap of £100m. This club is sufficiently robust to see this project through. 

"If we want a big club we need a modern stadium."

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

"I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit, we will complete the stadium. We will raise £350m through the city, the naming rights will be some more. There is an equity gap of £100m. This club is sufficiently robust to see this project through. 

When was that from though?

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes they are.

I'm not saying they've actually prevented this, but that the stink their fans kicked up when it was first mooted and would inevitably have kicked up if we went down that road will have been a factor in us not doing it. 

I don’t see their fans having any impact on anything 

20 minutes ago, rubecula said:

How much! 

300million for 15000 seats? If so approx. I've better to develop GPS imho

But it will cost more to develop GP. It’s not just about the extra seats, it’s about the all round facilities. Anyone who’s been in the changing rooms will tell you they are not premier league standard, and there is no room inside the stadium to expand these things. Then there is the lack of corporate facilities, not enough room for the general fans in comparison with other stadiums, terrible leg room and small concourses. It’s the whole package. I’m sure you’ll love the new stadium when you get in it Rubes. 

12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

What I object to is the possibility that the 15000 seats will be executive seats

I’d expect the vast majority of additional seats to be regular seats, an extra 15,000 executive seats wouldn’t be filled. They have already discussed wanting to get as many “normal” supporters in as possible, so I don’t think you need to worry mate. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very impressive, but looks a little sterile. I guess that's to be expected though, just hope ours has a bit more character to it.

I agree mate, lots of nice touches in there, I hope we do too. 

The things Meis mentioned like the Leict latticework being used as the front of a long bar inside the stands, and 1878 wooden seats from the Bullens being used in a section would add to all that for me. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

The things Meis mentioned like the Leict latticework being used as the front of a long bar inside the stands, and 1878 wooden seats from the Bullens being used in a section would add to all that for me. 

Aye. I've got faith in him, just getting a bit impatient :D

20 hours ago, StevO said:

Not sure which part of that quote makes you think we are borrowing from the council but if it’s the’through the city’ bit I think he’s referring to the business sector at her than the city off Liverpool 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d expect the vast majority of additional seats to be regular seats, an extra 15,000 executive seats wouldn’t be filled. They have already discussed wanting to get as many “normal” supporters in as possible, so I don’t think you need to worry mate. 

Since when have Evertonians been normal?!!

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not sure which part of that quote makes you think we are borrowing from the council but if it’s the’through the city’ bit I think he’s referring to the business sector at her than the city off Liverpool 

Didn’t think of it that way mate, think it could be either. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t agree knowing my luck Id get allocated one of them wooden seats as my season ticket!