IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I was very very happy, and then the echo reminded me that Bill is still hanging around like a fart in a lift. 
He’s the only man who can do this to Evertonians, surely that’s the biggest indicator of his tenure? Even Wayne Rooney managed to get the fans back on side. (Actually, can we add the sale of Wayne to the list, never mind).

No one fights over their opinion of Johnson or Carter. 

I am being a bit tongue in cheek now. But one day we won’t even remember Bill was around and all us Evertonians will be happy again, all of us. And then there will be a gold statue put up of Bill at the stadium. 

For the seagulls to shit on :lol: 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If it was an article that said well done Moshiri for bringing in the much needed funds, well done Colin for all of your work on the development and the application, well done Denise for supporting Colin in all of this, and all of this is only possible because Bill found Moshiri to buy the club a few years ago it wouldn’t be so bad. But it reads like Bill made all this happen. As Mark said, we don’t praise Peter Johnson for selling to Bill, so why praise Bill for selling to Moshiri? It’s his team of people with his funding that made it happen. Bill hasn’t been running the club for years, I don’t see why he would get credit for it. 

Jesus people really are blinded by their hatred of BK aren’t they?

it was an article that was praising THE ENTIRE TEAM behind it

”From Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale, the fulcrum at the summit of the club, to Colin Chong and Dan Meis, the Stadium Development Director and the designer.

From the executive leadership team to the People's Project facilitators, names which are rarely heard of by fans but who have played significant roles in getting to the stage we have arrived at now.

Names like Richard Kenyon - Sam Allardyce's bete noire, which should actually be a badge of honour amongst Evertonians - Mo Maghazachi and Scott McLeod.

It's no coincidence that all are lifelong Evertonians”

It was meant to be a good news story on a momentous day for the club but people are still finding something to have a moan about

2 hours ago, StevO said:

While you don’t believe the Billy Liar bollocks, let me ask; 

How do you feel about the Fortress Sports Fund?

How do you feel about what he told us about the move to Kirkby being our only option and almost free?

How do you feel about him telling us the Kirkby stadium would be world class before putting in a planning application that listed itself as extremely basic?

How do you feel about him telling us that if we don’t move to Kirkby then Goodison won’t be safe in a few years?

How do you feel about the leaked emails and memos where he was openly asking local and national football writers to say nice things about his ownership so more fans would be on his side?

These are only the lies and underhanded actions that come to mind initially. 
I thank him for bringing in Moyes, I thank him for bringing in Moshiri (but the jury will be out until he wins something and we get in that stadium I think) and he did well putting Denise in charge of EITC (as she took over as CEO during Moshiri’s ownership I’m pretty certain him and his team were heavily involved). It’s no coincidence that once Moshiri got in the door he pretty much cleaned out everyone at the top of the club and brought in his own people. 
Better days are here now. 

Tumbleweed. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Seen this before .... Nearly spat my tea out.  FFS bills really been pressing a couple of speed dial buttons.

Bill Kenwright 15 years ago: ....."yes let's move to Kirby in a prefabricated Tesco sponsored stadium..... I know it's not in Liverpool and is a logistical nightmare for fans but have you seen the prices of inner city sites?! ..... I've had a word with Phillip and he deffo days we should do it".

Bill Kenwright now:. "did Farhad say he's got this covered?..... Yes ok ... Well personally I like the idea of chrome plated taps in my ensuite toilet in my executive box.... actually make that Platinum please Daniel, for my parking space outside the Bill Kenwright stand I would like for it to have a retractable roof - I don't want anyone shouting questions at me about the Arteta money.... take one yourself..... Why spoil the ship for a haporth of tar eh"

9 hours ago, barryj said:

Am I missing something? In the original article that sparked heated debate the ‘one game changer’ they were relating to was Moshiri. 🤷‍♂️ BK was only one of a number of others mentioned. I personally think we should just celebrate this for what it is. A superb well researched and detailed planning application which looked to seek the views of the city residents, Evertonians, historical organisations, environmentalists etc etc. No stone was unturned. I have my own personal views on all the other stuff but I think the here and now needs to be enjoyed and celebrated. The other stuff should be left for another day.  

No. Read it again.  It's a pathetic attempt to lay far too much credit at kenwrights feet.

Kenwright barely needs mentioning - if at all.... Yet he get noted at being at the fulcrum with Denise...... Then credit for bringing Denise in..... then credit for bringing Moshiri in with a disclaimer about the 20 years it took.

Hence why a few of us are pissed off.  Then another article from the Echo where Meis gives kenwright credit for not scrimping on expense - it's not his money!

Anyway.... Thanks to Farhad/Usmanov we have a world class manager who will hopefully lead us to a world class stadium. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Really wouldn't surprise me if they did build a statue but I think it'll be Moshori's idea to give him a big send off when he inevitably buys him out.

He’s pretty much out as it is, Bill only has 5% of the clubs shares now, Moshiri 77%. 

But I’ll be having nightmares about that statue. Or a stand named after him. 🤮

Id like to see that stuff kept to players where possible. 
The home end being named after Howard Kendall to continue with Gwladys street, and the opposite named after Sir Phillip Carter to continue with the Park End. 
The hospitality lounges that are already named after players should transfer over too, and as there will be a few more lounges it would be nice to see more ex players with lounges named after them. 
Dixie and the Holy Trinity have their statues too. 
The two side stands would need something creative, but linked to the club and it’s history. Something like the St Domingos stand and St Luke’s stand, just an idea off the top of my head (I like the symmetry though).

Just don’t call them north south east and west, it’s just so nondescript. 

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd give him a golden statue, right outside where Ste queues up to get to his seat.

Make it like one of those clocks where the characters move to and fro around the face on a track, but making the statue stop at each entrance of the stadium, bend down a bit whilst tipping the tophat and winking to all the anti-Bill supporters :rofl:

• Matt unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Matt changed the title to Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I can’t deal with that clusterfuck of a site. Is there any mention of exactly where the flats would be? 

I tend to view it on my phone and put it in reader view straight away, so I don’t have to look at the many many adverts.