IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

On 14/09/2022 at 00:21, Romey 1878 said:

I said hello to our present home and future home tonight.

I'm excited to get my arse into that south stand and make it my new home but at the same time I'm feeling more sad the closer we get to leaving Goodison.

Don't get me wrong, we're way past overdue needing to leave the Grand Old Lady for new pastures but she really is special, and I'll miss her massively. I'm not an emotional person really but I think when I know it's going to be the last time walking out of Goodison I'll be feeling all the feelings.

To all our fans that have never been before, I implore you to try your hardest to get over for a game before we say goodbye to her. She's served us well and you won't regret it.

We drove past the other day, you only appreciate the scale of it when you get to see it.  

really hoping the transport is A1.  I’d love a ferry service to and from the game from the Wirral. 

23 hours ago, patto said:

Don’t like that south stand it leans out too much over the dock it doesn’t look too clever it’ll be the west stand for me the lord willing 

It doesn’t lean over the dock at all. But if you don’t like the idea of that, wait until you find out what’s under the west stand. 😂

20 hours ago, StevO said:

It doesn’t lean over the dock at all. But if you don’t like the idea of that, wait until you find out what’s under the west stand. 😂

I know it doesn’t lean over the dock but it leans very close to it I just think it’s a strange design I would be much happier if there was vertical support unless the brickwork is going to support it. 

15 hours ago, patto said:

I know it doesn’t lean over the dock but it leans very close to it I just think it’s a strange design I would be much happier if there was vertical support unless the brickwork is going to support it. 

There are lots of vertical supports. It is very very well supported. 

10 hours ago, patto said:

What do we want the 52.888 or the safe standing which gives us around the 60.000 at the moment we might struggle to fill 60.000 what do you think.

If we have safe standing we’ll still have 52,888. One standing position for every one seat. It won’t change the capacity.  

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Sure they said it would create an extra 7000+ if they went for safe standing didn’t they?

We would easily fill the stadium. There’s a massive season ticket list of around 8k. There will also be a huge section for corporate. 

I’m not sure on the standing and whether that increases stadium capacity, but I’m sure that the infrastructure is being built in place to increase the size of the Stadium at a later date should the need arise.  

Looking at the design, and how it’s being constructed, I’d expect they could extend the upper tier of the north stand if needed. Not sure how much it would extend the capacity by, maybe a few thousand. 

On safe standing, I’m pretty sure the current regulations are one person to one seat/position. So it wouldn’t change the capacity.