IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday May 5th

markjazzbassist

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

My favourite bit of the game was the final whistle going. I walked out as soon as it went. 

Take my hat off to you for staying so long, was anyone else left in the ground when you left? Players walking around the pitch to thank empty stands would've been appropriate.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Take my hat off to you for staying so long, was anyone else left in the ground when you left? Players walking around the pitch to thank empty stands would've been appropriate.

Quite a few had gone before the final whistle and when it went it was masses of people. Can’t think there were many left when the lap took place. 

Apparently big fuck and little fuck didn’t take part in the lap around the pitch. 

Football experts in my country say Allardyce did his job well. He found real mess when he came here and immediately brought stability. They admit he's not the person who's going to take the club flying high, but ultimately he exceeded expectations by finishing 8th. Everton are not in position to fight for anything bigger at this point, because our players simply lack quality among other issues we have. Overall I agree with everything they said and although I want Sam out, we must show some respect and acknowledge he did what he was signed for. He was never wanted here, but he was needed. Thank you for everything Sam, but now it's time to move on.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Apparently big dunc had a go at the fans for giving allardyce stick..

Super blue him, Haf. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Then he heeds to be binned as well.

He needs to be binned no matter what. He can hand out fluorescent bibs on a building site or something. 

That was 90 minutes of my life wasted that I'll not get back. Worst home game of the season ( pushing the West brom game ).

Mr Negativity achieved his objective though, sent 37500 loyal paying fans home feeling totally dejected with no enthusiasm for the summer and next season, please let that be his parting shot at pissing everyone off.

we stayed to watch the players parade, we're in the top balcony and walked down to the first row right above Bill and Farhad, surely they must see what we can all see, and will make the necessary changes now, last home game of the season, poor opposition, even worse team selection, it's like a bad dream.

Only plus point was that the crowd that stayed for the parade, showed respect for the players and family, there was no bad language to be heard. Players looked totally embarrassed and dejected, they may well make their own move away, I can't see them wanting to play under such a negative manager.

No sign of the coaches other than big dunc after the game.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Missed the match, had some mice in the house, some old mortar had disintegrated from the foundation.  Spent the day putting new mortar in and sealing it up.

glad I missed that shite, just watched the full highlights.

Sounds  like your day watching mortar dry had more highlights.

2 minutes ago, mcirony said:

Agreed, but I think I think my point still stands! 

If allardyce had pienaar Arteta etc we would be shite.... he doesn't let players play.

He subbed vlassic immediately after he lost the ball yet Keane played the duration and was dogshit

Just now, hafnia said:

If allardyce had pienaar Arteta etc we would be shite.... he doesn't let players play.

He subbed vlassic immediately after he lost the ball yet Keane played the duration and was dogshit

Also agree! Allardyce wouldn't know how to train a team to play if he had another 1000 games in management. I still believe we are lacking in quality, recruitment has been poor.

I just cant get over the switch to the back 5.

Despite not being very good in that first half, we werent really in any trouble either. They only really had the Austin chance from my memory and that was caused by our own fuck up in midfield. We are terrible in a back 5 anyway, and changing things up like that at half time showed that Hughes had actually out thought him from the start (which is bad enough in its own right). I commented before the game that we had a very negative bench so taking off 1 of only 2 wingers in the squad, despite how fucking shit he was and replacing him with a CB didnt make any sense.

I think our Turkish friends have said that Cenk can play across the 3 attacking positions so bring on Niasse and move him wide, or if you are really desperate, stick Kenny on and push Coleman forward. Even go 2 up top and play Davis an inside right midfielder (which he has done before). Going 5 at the back in a game we should win was probably the most negative move he could have made and it showed. It wasnt until we went back to 4 (somehow Keane staying on) and they went down to 10 men that we showed any semblance of a team playing football again.

He labels himself as a tactician and a pragmatist but everything I have seen of him just says that he plays the percentages and nothing more. He doesnt attempt to try and pick apart a defence by x or z he just wants us to stay in the game for as long as we can and hope that we can nick something at the end.

On a side note, I actually thought Klaassen looked sharp and played well in his brief cameo. He was involved in a couple of nice moves, he didnt stop trying to find space, he played a couple of nice balls, some worked and some didnt but at least he had some ambition to do something. Given how terrible Gana and Schneiderlin were, and I really mean terrible (I have never seen two defensive midfielders leave the gap ahead of the CBs so vacate), Rooney has been worse and Davies just isnt kicking on, Klaassen must be wondering what parallel universe he is in because at this stage of the season I expect he thought he would have been the first name on the teamsheet when he signed.