IGNORED

Joao Virginia

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Looks like he'll be going out on loan before the window closes.

I know his last loan didn't quite go to plan but it will have taught him a lot as well - if you don't perform you won't play.

Hopefully that's done him good and he'll see more playing time during this loan.

Who's our third choice if he goes on loan? U23?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

"The youngster was third-choice behind Jordan Pickford and Rob Olsen last season under Carlo Ancelotti, but he Pukki managed to make three appearances, getting his Premier League debut against Burnley."

:dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

Happy that he's gone back to Portugal, but no idea why we've allowed him to play at Sporting as he's not going to get any game time - no way does he replace Adan each week, especially as they've just won the league with him in goal. 

He should have gone to a mid-table side; Braga or Guimaraes for example. I just feel as this will be a wasted 12 months, unless we're loaning him out to be potentially sold.

Edit: There's a buy clause for Sporting, so assume we're happy to sell. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The reports ahead of the move were about a sale. I presumed it was to free up some cash so I wasn't expecting the loan. 

Unless something goes wrong I can only think it is a move that will happen down the line.

The reports were all a loan move with an option to buy.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...