IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday December 29th

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Palf get a fookin grip. You've polluted this site with anti gana bollocks for months and he's likely off to one of the best sides in Europe.

Walcott has stunk the gaff out today. Barely touched the ball and when he has he's been piss poor. Piss poor. 

He's having a poor game he's not hiding and he's not shit.

It's the level of inconsistency that is amazing.... Mina was awful  and I don't think he should be in the team at the moment Walcott was very very poor. I still am not seeing bernards performance matching the hype. The real problem for me is we need to give one of the strikers a run of games ans stop playing charly up there. He changes the personell too much. Why didn't Gylfi start. Also not sure gueye is the player they say he is. Headless chicken trying to do too much when you see fernandinho for city he doesn't try and be creative he just plays the ball simple why can't gana do that.

5 at the back is shite, has only worked against a team that also played 5.

Our right side has been incredibly poor.  If Kenny's not good enough, we need another RB.  Walcott doesn't deserve to start again, he's had his opportunities this year.  Needs to be forced to fight his way back from the bench (hopefully Lookman's fit).

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He's having a poor game he's not hiding and he's not shit.

He rarely plays well.  But you've nailed your colours to the mast so therefore you will look for any positive.

He's a cowardly player.  Never seen him in first half,  his close control and dribble attempts is a lottery.  Defensively a waste of time... goes through the motions. 

I think where I am with SIlva at the moment is he needs to learn from the mistakes and make changes based on that. He says every interview he picks a team based on his plan for the game but his formations and players in the formation don't seem to talk to that. he seems to make changes for the sake. dropping richy last game and then gylfi this doesn't make sense. I also agree dcl has to start against those cbs of brighton.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He rarely plays well.  But you've nailed your colours to the mast so therefore you will look for any positive.

He's a cowardly player.  Never seen him in first half,  his close control and dribble attempts is a lottery.  Defensively a waste of time... goes through the motions. 

Silva must be shit then in your eyes because he constantly picks.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Really don't understand the Walcott hate. He's got Gana and Coleman supplying him the ball compared to Gomes and Digne supporting the left side. 

Not sure why you label it hate he had a poor game and his play even before us was very in and out. He has a good game 1 in 3 and I think the only thing keeping him in the team is lack of a good replacement. I am not sure lookman is any different he has a good game in 3. Neither pulls up trees when they are on they don't scare teams.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Silva must be shit then in your eyes because he constantly picks.

Like he does Gana?

I dont attach myself too closely to players or managers but if Silva doesn't address this right hand side them I question his credentials.

Walcott gave one of the worst performances I've seen.... yet he took off 3 players before him.... shocking. Absolutely shocking. 

Just now, hafnia said:

Like he does Gana?

I dont attach myself too closely to players or managers but if Silva doesn't address this right hand side them I question his credentials.

Walcott gave one of the worst performances I've seen.... yet he took off 3 players before him.... shocking. Absolutely shocking. 

Yup.

4 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

Not sure why you label it hate he had a poor game and his play even before us was very in and out. He has a good game 1 in 3 and I think the only thing keeping him in the team is lack of a good replacement. I am not sure lookman is any different he has a good game in 3. Neither pulls up trees when they are on they don't scare teams.

Look at the critics for any pass Walcott doesn't make compared to anyone else. Scapegoating him. 

I expected this type of performance would come after Burnley, where the game script went massively in our favour and made us look good (from the highlights). 

As I said based on what I saw, we had the same problems we had today and failed to create a lot of good chances. That was the same story today. I think we had a couple of half chances but nothing that stood out. I have never liked 5 at the back and I never will when it fails to deliver like it did today. They looked like they could score (albeit from not many chances) and we didnt create as much as we should. I was expected us to be able to pin them in a lot more than we did so the 5 didnt even help us control the game. 

That being said, we didnt create much when we went to the 4 but from that point we were always chasing the game and Brighton could sit in. 

The strange thing is you look across this team, and also the team generally, and I cant really put my finger on why things aren't working out better. You can argue the toss over Coleman / Walcott but its not like this is Martina we are talking about. They would be first choice for most PL sides. I dont like the make up of the midfield, I think we generally lose too many midfield battles but even then we have enough quality to score more goals and create more chances than we are. 

I suppose this is just another day in the life of an Everton fan.

10 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

How would you know?!? I’ve barely seen Lookman get a start let alone a run of games to say he’s only a 1 in 3 player. IMO he should be given a chance of a run in the team sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I expected this type of performance would come after Burnley, where the game script went massively in our favour and made us look good (from the highlights). 

As I said based on what I saw, we had the same problems we had today and failed to create a lot of good chances. That was the same story today. I think we had a couple of half chances but nothing that stood out. I have never liked 5 at the back and I never will when it fails to deliver like it did today. They looked like they could score (albeit from not many chances) and we didnt create as much as we should. I was expected us to be able to pin them in a lot more than we did so the 5 didnt even help us control the game. 

That being said, we didnt create much when we went to the 4 but from that point we were always chasing the game and Brighton could sit in. 

The strange thing is you look across this team, and also the team generally, and I cant really put my finger on why things aren't working out better. You can argue the toss over Coleman / Walcott but its not like this is Martina we are talking about. They would be first choice for most PL sides. I dont like the make up of the midfield, I think we generally lose too many midfield battles but even then we have enough quality to score more goals and create more chances than we are. 

I suppose this is just another day in the life of an Everton fan.

Gana, Coleman and Sigurdssen are the are the cogs that don't suit the system for me. To a lesser extent Richarlison when played up top.

The major issue in the midfield is Gana, you'll never control the midfield with him as he's not good enough. He's very limited and is detrimental to the high tempo football the manager wants to play. Once McCarthy comes in there'll be a huge difference. People didn't realise how good McCarthy is until he got injured and the team as a whole dipped, Gana has the opposite effect when he's in there the team as a whole drops as we have no control over the game with him on the pitch.