IGNORED

Edin Dzeko

He would be on high wages, and a solution only until the summer, when we have more options.

Its a no from me, we have nothing to play for this season and should use the window to get rid of dead wood and save transfer funds and wages to get better players in the summer.

Give DCL the rest of the season to prove himself.

19 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He would be on high wages, and a solution only until the summer, when we have more options.

Its a no from me, we have nothing to play for this season and should use the window to get rid of dead wood and save transfer funds and wages to get better players in the summer.

What baffles me is moshiri saying that our league position isn'ttt good enough. Why put that pressure on the manager when the team is so clearly in transition.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

What baffles me is moshiri saying that our league position isn'tttt good enough. Why put that pressure on the manager when the team is so clearly in transition.

Because his record is no better than Sam Alladyce's even though he's got a much improved first team in Digne, Zouma, Richarlison, Bernard and Gomes. 

39 minutes ago, Aidan said:

What baffles me is moshiri saying that our league position isn'tttt good enough. Why put that pressure on the manager when the team is so clearly in transition.

I think Moshiri is saying what we fans are thinking, ie that we should be 7th at the end of the season. I also think that he was saying it to the league and potential transfer targets that we are a club on the move. It matches up with what the Chairwoman said about our goal being to win titles.

I imagine that Moshiri, Brands and Silva meet regularly and they all know what the plan is and what the targets are that need to be achieved.

11 hours ago, London Blue said:

Agree with this but add lookman and play them both till the end of the season, dont see the point of spending money on short term solutions we want to rebuild and get EFC back in a good place for a long time to come.

9 minutes ago, seve said:

Agree with this but add lookman and play them both till the end of the season, dont see the point of spending money on short term solutions we want to rebuild and get EFC back in a good place for a long time to come.

Who should we drop to secure Lookman's and DCL's places? Richarlison or Bernard?

12 minutes ago, seve said:

You mean a proven goal scorer n this league who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up to bring others in to play, yeah I agree why would we need one of those?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/16/d-7/

37 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You mean a proven goal scorer n this league who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up to bring others in to play, yeah I agree why would we need one of those?

Doh replied to the wrong post that was meant to be @aaron

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Who should we drop to secure Lookman's and DCL's places? Richarlison or Bernard?

Wallcot for one and bernard could be used with them coming on for one of them hes only a loan player could well be else were next season, also charlie needs resting and competition hes been poor lately, You could rotate them but making sure the young Everton players got regular playing time. Its not always a straight choice as other will be out of form along the way. Its about managing the squad with the emphasis  on youth and players committed to staying with us, otherwise we stay in this state of flux for ever.

We have to be in good shape for next season short term fixes dont work as we have seen in our recent history. 

16 hours ago, London Blue said:

Why do people assume wages when it's readily available online to find these things out, £70k ish a week which is peanuts for a player of his calibre and experience in today's game 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Why do people assume wages when it's readily available online to find these things out, £70k ish a week which is peanuts for a player of his calibre and experience in today's game 

That is after tax. The club pays 160k euro a week for his services. As a comparison, our best paid players are Yerry and Bernard both on 135k euro (before tax).

28 minutes ago, Haiku said:

That is after tax. The club pays 160k euro a week for his services. As a comparison, our best paid players are Yerry and Bernard both on 135k euro (before tax).

I could be wrong but where's it stated it's after tax? It's on multiple sources it's £70/75k pw, I've never seen a players wages mentioned post tax?

32 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm with matt, i'd rather just play DCL the rest of the season.  Dzeko is 32, remember how well the Rooney and Eto'o signings were?  no thanks (i know some of you may be surprised transfer mark has said no, but there it is)

:lol: and this is one of few that I wouldn’t mind us bringing in for a short term. 

DCL getting the rest of the season is still my preference though 

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Proven years ago yeah, he’s old now and not the player he was then. I don’t see the hold up striker being the type we need. I’m not fully against the move like I said on loan would be fine, I just don’t want us going out spunking a silly amount on a striker that will have high wage demands and doesn’t have long left at the top of his game if any. 

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

I’m sure that’s not the rule on the continent is it?  I remember a lot of players coming here from Europe and being shocked at the tax they have to pay. 

And when wages are listed, they are always listed gross not net. So if a player is on 135k here, that’s before tax, if a player is on 75k in Europe, that’s before tax.

On 16/01/2019 at 20:17, Shukes said:

I’m sure that’s not the rule on the continent is it?  I remember a lot of players coming here from Europe and being shocked at the tax they have to pay. 

And when wages are listed, they are always listed gross not net. So if a player is on 135k here, that’s before tax, if a player is on 75k in Europe, that’s before tax.

Pretty sure that's the case mate I've never ever seen players wages being shown post tax

He earns £3.6m per annum which roughly equates to £75k per week pre tax, no clue where Haiku is getting those figures from 

Matt the info is readily available as clubs send their financial reports to Company House who then publish them