IGNORED

Edin Dzeko

I think the days of a big number nine is out of fashion at the moment. I want us to play with a front three that are fast and attacking. It won’t happen until the summer unfortunately but a front three out of charly, mola, Henry, vlasic and a new striker wouldn’t be bad at all. Bernie in behind them would do me fine 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:02, Finn balor said:

I think the days of a big number nine is out of fashion at the moment. I want us to play with a front three that are fast and attacking. It won’t happen until the summer unfortunately but a front three out of charly, mola, Henry, vlasic and a new striker wouldn’t be bad at all. Bernie in behind them would do me fine 

I think it is plain to see that if we do not change the way we play  we need a target man to hold up play nd bring his team mates in.

12 hours ago, rubecula said:

I think it is plain to see that if we do not change the way we play  we need a target man to hold up play nd bring his team mates in.

This is it exactly for me. To many balls going into and to the edge of the box, and coming straight back. Crosses going in with no one anywhere near them. 

For me the midfield have enough of the ball in the final third to create chances. But there has to be someone in there reading the game. We need a proper forward.

• 3 years later...
19 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

You understand that would still leave us 40m+, yes? We don’t need to replace Richarlison with one player

But we would be paying out a million plus in wages and fees for a 37 year old player who will be BACK UP to DCL. Money could be better spent elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

But we would be paying out a million plus in wages and fees for a 37 year old player who will be BACK UP to DCL. Money could be better spent elsewhere. 

Someone needs to back him up. They might as well be cheap and half decent. Instead of Rondon, who’s just cheap. 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

I agree someone needs to back DCL up. Rondonnus cheap but shit, Edin is good but expensive wages.

There must be good cheap options.

His wages are expensive?? I don’t think we know enough about this yet. He isn’t going to be picking up the kind of wage he was getting at City all those years ago. He knows he’s coming to the end. 

A man of your age should know by now that good cheap options don’t exist in any walk of like. Buy cheap, buy twice. (Rondon again)

1 hour ago, StevO said:

His wages are expensive?? I don’t think we know enough about this yet. He isn’t going to be picking up the kind of wage he was getting at City all those years ago. He knows he’s coming to the end. 

A man of your age should know by now that good cheap options don’t exist in any walk of like. Buy cheap, buy twice. (Rondon again)

He’s on £153k a week at Milan. Was on £240k at Roma. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So he’s already started to drop his wages over the last few contracts. So it would be safe to expect at this stage of his career he’s being realistic. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So he’s already started to drop his wages over the last few contracts. So it would be safe to expect at this stage of his career he’s being realistic. 

He has one year remaining on that £153k a week contract. 

I think it’s realistic to suggest that if he is offered less money to leave Milan in a slow paced lesgue to joining Everton in a fast paced league - the answer would be “get lost”

23 hours ago, Aidan said:

Back up player absolutely. An absolute upgrade on what was our back up player for the CF position last season anyway.

I'm fine with this too as long as the wages aren't astronomical. Still a quality player that knows the league. 

That said, there surely have to be better options.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I'm fine with this too as long as the wages aren't astronomical. Still a quality player that knows the league. 

That said, there surely have to be better options.

If we're planning to promote Dobbin and other front men from the U-23s, there's wisdom in bringing in the experience of one of the best. That, to me, would be the biggest value. No high wages and no long-term contract, though. Be focused.