• Gbamin
    • Bernard
    • Iwobi
    • Walcott
    • DCL
    • Richarlison
    • Kean
    • Tosun

Some of the more seniors for me, along with a few young ones.

Pickford. Stinks attitude wise. 
Iwobi. Scared of his own shadow, runs around pretending. 
Sidibe. Plods along for me. 
Gomes. Love the guy, but jogging back after opponents is not good enough. 
Delph. He’s a better player than is on show. Not trying hard enough. 
Sigurdson. A shadow of his worst self. 
DCL. Feels like he is believing his own hype at the moment.

really only a couple for me

pickford - attitude and arrogance

iwobi - definition of a passenger

delph - wannabe hard man, shouter/yeller/screamer

gylfi - no enough effort, pulling out of tackles

no need to mention

sidibe - loan player i don't expect to be extended

gomes - came back from massive injury, has had a couple bad games but has had some great ones too IMO

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

delph - wannabe hard man, shouter/yeller/screamer

Was surprised Holgate described him as the world's aggriest man in the guessing game with Keane. Could be he's got higher standards and finding it a bit of a joke here... But then I remember the Newcastle game and he's the joke.

I started to tick who I felt wasn’t giving there all and when I finished I had ticked almost all of them, so decided to untick them because it would take me to long to write my reasons why. Life’s too short to get embroiled in everything. 
Sorry Pete great thread and I have enjoyed reading the posts mate, if voting is acceptable without giving reasons mate let me know. 

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I started to tick who I felt wasn’t giving there all and when I finished I had ticked almost all of them, so decided to untick them because it would take me to long to write my reasons why. Life’s too short to get embroiled in everything. 
Sorry Pete great thread and I have enjoyed reading the posts mate, if voting is acceptable without giving reasons mate let me know. 

Yea, vote away. Left the vote anonymous to encourage the lurkers and just to get a feel for who we all think should be trying harder.

I'd not put my own reasons yet for similar reasons either. Don't think half these players realise how much they impact the fans. Worst thing is nearly every former Everton player mentions the demand from the fans and that as long you tried your best you got their backing. 

Feck it mini moan ahoy. 

Keane - lacks confidence. Had the chance to go and be first choice at Man United under Mourinho yet chose to come to us. Usually I'd be thrilled at a player picking us over them but they're his boyhood club. Screams to me that even he knows he's not good enough. Beyond that I think he plays within himself too. More focused on his own performance rather than the team overall. You can tell he's annoyed at himself when he's at fault but he doesn't seem to fussed if we concede otherwise. Every goal should hurt! 

Sidibe - For me he loves it here for all the wrong reasons. He wanted to make the move permanent whilst we had the joker Marco Silva running things playing dull lifeless football and getting beat every week. Don't think he feels the pain of a defeat at all.

Gomes - most annoying one as he's got the talent to shine and off the pitch his fan engagement is unquestionable 🤗. Hugely frustrating he puts more effort in them hugs than he does getting up the pitch. Don't know if he's being lazy or lacks confidence but he's got a lot more in his locker that he's not utilising. 

Delph - Newcastle. 

Sigurdssen - since Christmas he's been a joke. Barely breaks a sweat. Lacks the edge of a winner as shown by the amount of 60/40s he loses. Wouldn't be surprised if he's got the fewest headers for a man his height, absolutely no battle. 

Bernard - similar to Sidibe in far he doesn't seem to be fazed about the results. But does show flashes of giving a shit but not consistently enough. Too often he's happy just to have a few flashy touches and think he's done enough, doesn't put the effort in to win the ball back or keep his concentration. I'd put him in the bracket with Sidibe, must enjoy the easy ride all week rather than put the effort in all week and then enjoy a win. 

Kean - blowing out of his arse after 10 mins was disgraceful. Needs to knuckle down, think a loan would be best. 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Yea, vote away. Left the vote anonymous to encourage the lurkers and just to get a feel for who we all think should be trying harder.

I'd not put my own reasons yet for similar reasons either. Don't think half these players realise how much they impact the fans. Worst thing is nearly every former Everton player mentions the demand from the fans and that as long you tried your best you got their backing. 

Feck it mini moan ahoy. 

Keane - lacks confidence. Had the chance to go and be first choice at Man United under Mourinho yet chose to come to us. Usually I'd be thrilled at a player picking us over them but they're his boyhood club. Screams to me that even he knows he's not good enough. Beyond that I think he plays within himself too. More focused on his own performance rather than the team overall. You can tell he's annoyed at himself when he's at fault but he doesn't seem to fussed if we concede otherwise. Every goal should hurt! 

Sidibe - For me he loves it here for all the wrong reasons. He wanted to make the move permanent whilst we had the joker Marco Silva running things playing dull lifeless football and getting beat every week. Don't think he feels the pain of a defeat at all.

Gomes - most annoying one as he's got the talent to shine and off the pitch his fan engagement is unquestionable 🤗. Hugely frustrating he puts more effort in them hugs than he does getting up the pitch. Don't know if he's being lazy or lacks confidence but he's got a lot more in his locker that he's not utilising. 

Delph - Newcastle. 

Sigurdssen - since Christmas he's been a joke. Barely breaks a sweat. Lacks the edge of a winner as shown by the amount of 60/40s he loses. Wouldn't be surprised if he's got the fewest headers for a man his height, absolutely no battle. 

Bernard - similar to Sidibe in far he doesn't seem to be fazed about the results. But does show flashes of giving a shit but not consistently enough. Too often he's happy just to have a few flashy touches and think he's done enough, doesn't put the effort in to win the ball back or keep his concentration. I'd put him in the bracket with Sidibe, must enjoy the easy ride all week rather than put the effort in all week and then enjoy a win. 

Kean - blowing out of his arse after 10 mins was disgraceful. Needs to knuckle down, think a loan would be best. 

I’ll crack on then. I’ve strangely picked only 7 players based not on ability but on effort and desire to wear the shirt, players that I believe I’ve seen throw the towel in and give up in games, but they may not be technically the worse players, but I’d rather see Sidibe run till his heart nearly burst even if the final product isn’t what we would want, than to watch Gomes and Digne in some games this season play with no heart for the fight, stroll about with heads down and no endeavour or fight.  

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ll crack on then. I’ve strangely picked only 7 players based not on ability but on effort and desire to wear the shirt, players that I believe I’ve seen throw the towel in and give up in games, but they may not be technically the worse players, but I’d rather see Sidibe run till his heart nearly burst even if the final product isn’t what we would want, than to watch Gomes and Digne in some games this season play with no heart for the fight, stroll about with heads down and no endeavour or fight.  

Was close to picking Digne myself but there's games we're you'd think he was the captain. If I'd not already picked seven myself maybe I'd be less lenient on him. 

If I picked based on ability I'd have voted for Sidibe twice 😜

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

Pickford

Walcott

Sigurdsson

Davies

Iwobi 

Are stinking the gaf out atm. 

DCL also looking more and more of his usual donkey self after a great period of goalscoring. Is he a long term answer? NO 

Walcott already? He’s only been back one game after having surgery. Bit harsh that. 

6 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Not sure how the numbers are being tabulated but they don't look right.  Can't be that only 15% of people voting have polled Siggurdson as a bottler.  Don't think anyone on here is on his side anymore.

Need to look at numbers of people who voted him. Currently 20. The fact you can vote for multiple means I don’t know how many have participated but it could be only 20 therefore that would obviously be 100%. I’d suspect (Not got the will now) the 15% is the percentage of totals votes. 

On 15/07/2020 at 21:26, MC11 said:

His whole Everton career has been poor. Not harsh at all 

But you said “stinking the place out atm”, that’s at the moment. As he has only played about half a game at that point since his surgery he was hardly sticking the place out at the moment. 
Saved a point tonight too.