IGNORED

Pre-Season

Great save by our young keeper. Not sure quite what happened to start the move but John beaten to the ball leaving them bearing down on the keeper. 

Not sure if Kenny did well or not. He was struggling to get over on the counter but looked as if he was getting there but then stopped and allowed the shot but marked the cut back. 

Gordon has been disappointing so far. Some nice touches but quality is poor.

Lovely second goal that, about three passes from start to finish. Reminded me of the goal that DCL scored against Newcastle in the sense that he bundled it over the line, not pretty at all but gets the job done - I really don't care how they go in, just that the ball crosses the line! 

Agree with @Matt about the Preston attack though, very lucky that it was offside as they had two or three men in acres of space. Would have no doubt made it 1-1. 

@Bailey It was. 

Wow... that really was miss of the season. Great link up play between Siggy and Richarlison. Latter cuts the ball back and Bolasie looks as though all he has to do is beat the blades of grass between him and the goal line but he doesnt. 

Simms then gets the rebound and I'm not sure if it was saved or whether it hit Bolasie on the ground.

Comical.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Get in, 2 up. 

Great play in the middle from Walcott (best thing he has done all game). He feeds in Richarlison who squares it to DCL for a tap in. He actually hits it at the keeper but he rebounds back off him and into the goal. Almost miss of the season! 

Turns out it was Bernard not Walcott. Should have known!

Good run out that. Thought most of the lads looked sharp and far more in tune than they did last season. 

Richalison was easily the standout. Great performance. 

Notable mentions should go to Nkounkou who is clearly a talented lad albeit unsure about his defending, the young keeper Tryer who looked very assured and made a couple of good saves. Gibson looked like a talented player as well.

Bernard caught the eye at times, especially early first half and then with his role in the 2nd goal. Kenny did well at RB, less so at CB.

I also thought Siggy played better than he has been but he was still hot and cold. DCL got better as the game went on but it wasnt an impressive performance by any means, Gordon had his moments of tidy play but never capitalised on that and was ultimately disappointing and Theo was Theo. 

Holgate was looking a bit iffy too before his injury. Hopefully it isn't too bad but he looked to be struggling badly when he was on the ground. The young right back that came on for him did really well though (Johns?). Beni didn't have a lot of time but didn't look like the player everyone has been clamouring for to play. The other subs didn't really have much time bar one man...

Bolasie gets a paragraph on his own because he is that type of player. At times he looked great but then a pass to no-one deep in the middle of our half and a miss from a yard remind you why he is so bloody annoying. I might be going mad here but a small part of me thinks he could play a role this season from the bench. If you need a bit of magic he could bring it but you might go bald from tearing your hair out before you get that telling moment of magic.

I was impressed considering as it was a side thrown together. Nkounkou looks a real player, fast, good tackler, passing and positive.

Gibson composed in defence, won his headers and tackles as well as making some surging runs into midfield.

Bernard looked full of energy and drive as did Richy.

Kenny was really impressive as RB, he looks a much more mature and polished.

Gordon played ok, as did DCL.

Siggy was woeful in the first half and slightly improved in the second.

Theo was ok, and then not ok.

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bolasie gets a paragraph on his own because he is that type of player. At times he looked great but then a pass to no-one deep in the middle of our half and a miss from a yard remind you why he is so bloody annoying. I might be going mad here but a small part of me thinks he could play a role this season from the bench. If you need a bit of magic he could bring it but you might go bald from tearing your hair out before you get that telling moment of magic.

Your right he’s definitely got more to contribute to the team than some, can see him getting some game time this season if he doesn’t get moved on. 
Then who knows a contract extension could be in the offering, I wouldn’t put that past us stranger things have happened at Everton.