IGNORED

Pre-Season

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He looks like hes ready to run through brick walls to be fair, it's a shame he hasn't got the ability.

He has the ability but he just is unable to show it regularly enough. It must be a concentration thing combined with a quirky technique because he has a moment of brilliance and then he can miss the ball or pass it straight to an opposition player. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Your right he’s definitely got more to contribute to the team than some, can see him getting some game time this season if he doesn’t get moved on. 
Then who knows a contract extension could be in the offering, I wouldn’t put that past us stranger things have happened at Everton. 

I wouldn't rule him out either. If nothing else he has put himself firmly in the shop window.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has the ability but he just is unable to show it regularly enough. It must be a concentration thing combined with a quirky technique because he has a moment of brilliance and then he can miss the ball or pass it straight to an opposition player. 

I wouldn't rule him out either. If nothing else he has put himself firmly in the shop window.

I've seen him look unplayable as have many fans.  

He deserves a chance in my book. Looks hungrier than Walcott ever has. 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Probably because he misses open goals from a yard out...

The worst part was sitting on the floor sulking.... and saving Simms shot on the line haha. Not one of his finest moments.

But to give him credit, he lifted his head and set up a good chance. Didn’t he also have an effort on goal at the end?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

The worst part was sitting on the floor sulking.... and saving Simms shot on the line haha. Not one of his finest moments.

But to give him credit, he lifted his head and set up a good chance. Didn’t he also have an effort on goal at the end?

He did. He also had a beautiful flick on to start an attack. But he also passed to their attacking midfield and threw his arms up rather than chasing the ball he’d given away. He is and always has been a MOTD player, for both good and bad reasons. 

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

He did. He also had a beautiful flick on to start an attack. But he also passed to their attacking midfield and threw his arms up rather than chasing the ball he’d given away. He is and always has been a MOTD player, for both good and bad reasons. 

We missed that attacking threat last year. We need at least one wide player who scares the opposition when he’s moving towards the box. Richie was certainly that before he moved to the center. It’s not Iwobi at this point and it isn’t Walcott. I was a big fan of Gerry because he was genuinely dangerous. Gordon seems like he could also be that type of threat. I’m happy to keep Bolassie, despite the inconsistency and frustration because having that threat, even if it’s a bench option, is worth a lot.

10 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We missed that attacking threat last year. We need at least one wide player who scares the opposition when he’s moving towards the box. Richie was certainly that before he moved to the center. It’s not Iwobi at this point and it isn’t Walcott. I was a big fan of sherry because he was genuinely dangerous. Gordon seems like he could also be that type of threat. I’m happy to keep Bolassie, despite the inconsistency and frustration because having that threat, even if it’s a bench option, is worth a lot.

As much as I’d like Bolasie to succeed at Everton, I think he was probably lucky to be away last year. When our midfield went missing I could see him struggling, and he could just end up in the same group of players who deservedly got stick. 
Now he gets the chance to show from scratch what he can or can’t do.