IGNORED

Pre-Season

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

So we can get our arses handed to us to prepare us for what's to come this season? :lol: 

Exactly! 

I like to know what to expect before that first game comes. The only decent pre-season we had we finished 5th with our highest ever points tally in the Premier League.

I have lost count of the number of times we get to that final 'test' and we realise just how crap we are! 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Blackburn has been on local lockdown for a while though. Would seem strange if this is the reason why. 

Yeh it doesn't make sense. They only played yesterday and had played twice before that in the space of a week. 

Hopefully we can get another side in for a game as we need it!

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Read something on twitter Blackburn’s in a local lockdown for covid.

There's a massive spike in Oldham, which isn't exactly near but lead to neighbouring boroughs being put into isolation. I'm 50 minutes away for example and my town was put into lockdown for two weeks. I think that Blackburn was similar, although that's off the top of my head - I would be surprised if it's anything other than something to do with the pandemic, regardless of them playing recently. 

Make no mistake that Blackpool and Preston won't be our only friendlies. They are the only two that the public know about, but behind closed doors games are played all the time at training grounds. Being in the Academy opened my eyes to how much it actually happened, we will have probably played 4-5 games that nobody knows about so it's not as though we are heading into the season with zero game-time. 

• Romey 1878 featured and unfeatured this topic
5 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

There's a massive spike in Oldham, which isn't exactly near but lead to neighbouring boroughs being put into isolation. I'm 50 minutes away for example and my town was put into lockdown for two weeks. I think that Blackburn was similar, although that's off the top of my head - I would be surprised if it's anything other than something to do with the pandemic, regardless of them playing recently. 

Make no mistake that Blackpool and Preston won't be our only friendlies. They are the only two that the public know about, but behind closed doors games are played all the time at training grounds. Being in the Academy opened my eyes to how much it actually happened, we will have probably played 4-5 games that nobody knows about so it's not as though we are heading into the season with zero game-time. 

That’s a good insight mate. I do trust the players would be getting a good run out. We have enough players to do plenty of decent internal run outs.

I hope you are safe and sound though mate! 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So many away on international duty. It's a bit of a pointless friendly really.

To be fair we still have a lot of players out there. It won't be far from a realistic starting 11 bar the new lads.

I think we are playing well too. Plenty of energy and effort. I think the new signings might have given everyone a kick up the arse.

The young left back does look good too.