IGNORED

Everton Line-up 2020-21 (predictions)...

Matt

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Just also done a bit of research to find out what positions he has played under Carlo on whoscored. Games are League and UCL combined. 

14/15 (Real Madrid) - 19 MC, 13 RM, 3 LM, 2 AMC

17/18 (Bayern Munich) - 19 CM, 3 AMC, 1 RM, 1 LM

Seems like Carlo has preferred to play him in a more deeper role than a number 10, or as a right sided midfielder. Its also worth a mention the vast majority of the times he's played out wide he's been classed as a wide midfielder rather than a more advanced winger. 

With the transfers we have made this window and the lack of a wide player cutting in from the right hand side it is still my gut instinct Rodriguez will line up as a RM in a 442.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Becuase he said his best position is central, he lacks the pace to be a full on winger, although he can beat a man and cross, he can be effective there. But if he is very good on the wing or world class centrally, I imagine he will play centrally. 

From the research I have done (30 mins worth) he playedvhis best centrally. 

He can play out wide without being a winger, he’s been very good at it. 
We’ll have to wait and see. 
As Bailey says, not many teams play with a 10. If we do does that mean Richarlison doesn’t play up front anymore? Or DCL doesn’t start? It’s tough playing with a 10 and two strikers. 

A lot of the highlight reels you will see, he has come from a wide position into the space in the middle. That’s why he’s so effective on the right hand side with him having such a good left foot. 

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Just also done a bit of research to find out what positions he has played under Carlo on whoscored. Games are League and UCL combined. 

14/15 (Real Madrid) - 19 MC, 13 RM, 3 LM, 2 AMC

17/18 (Bayern Munich) - 19 CM, 3 AMC, 1 RM, 1 LM

Seems like Carlo has preferred to play him in a more deeper role than a number 10, or as a right sided midfielder. Its also worth a mention the vast majority of the times he's played out wide he's been classed as a wide midfielder rather than a more advanced winger. 

With the transfers we have made this window and the lack of a wide player cutting in from the right hand side it is still my gut instinct Rodriguez will line up as a RM in a 442.

Exactly this. He’s just bought two central midfielders, I don’t think he would be keeping them to play James deeper. 
I also wouldn’t be exposing him to the demands of playing a proper central midfield role in the premier league. It’s a bit different in Germany when you play for Bayern. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

As Bailey says, not many teams play with a 10. If we do does that mean Richarlison doesn’t play up front anymore? Or DCL doesn’t start? It’s tough playing with a 10 and two strikers. 

A lot of the highlight reels you will see, he has come from a wide position into the space in the middle. That’s why he’s so effective on the right hand side with him having such a good left foot. 

I agree, even if he plays 'wide' he won't play as a winger. In some ways he will play like a wide number 10 in that he will operate between the lines but off to the left or right depending on which side plays.

48 minutes ago, StevO said:

Exactly this. He’s just bought two central midfielders, I don’t think he would be keeping them to play James deeper. 
I also wouldn’t be exposing him to the demands of playing a proper central midfield role in the premier league. It’s a bit different in Germany when you play for Bayern. 

I agree with this as well. James might drop deeper late in games when we are trying to get a goal late against a packed defence but I doubt we will see him start in that position. It would leave the other midfielder overwhelmed. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

You mean if a player is on the right or left of midfield they aren’t automatically classed as a winger? Get the fuck out of here with that crazy talk. 

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think we will find Ancelotti will deploy Rodriquez in a number of positions throughout the season, to suit the opposition in front of us. He will be given the licence to make things happen offensively 

image.thumb.png.c1bd47960b000fd29a65317989a922b3.png

image.png

Is that ten goals and nine assists from 17 games wide right?

If that’s right it’s unbelievable. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Pickford 

Kenny Holgate Mina Digne 

Allan

Walcott James Doucoure Richarlison

DCL 

No issue with this at all. 
I think Walcott’s pace can still be really useful. 
Can easily change to a 442 and 433 with the same players. 

Im not bothered who plays out of Kenny or Coleman, and out of Keane or Mina.