IGNORED

MJB buys a jersey, James or no name on back, please vote

MJB buys a jersey, James or no name on back, please vote  

11 members have voted

1. 1. MJB buys a jersey, James or no name on back, please vote

Put James on it mate, for the first time since Martines's first season we have real hope, signing James is a statement of intent, if I had a shirt I would have his name on. When you look back you can say that was when things started for us, I saw him play for us and it was amazing. Its a memento of how you fee right now, something to look back on and treasure. Like having a Rooney Shirt from when he first started playing for us all those years ago.

Plus the new kit is decent, I would go for the away kit. 

Thought long and hard about this, would I put a player’s name on the back of a shirt and wear it, to be honest no for me adults don’t really do that, it’s a kids thing, I do own authentic signed shirts but framed and not for wearing that have the player’s name on, also I buy the home shirt every season and wear only to game’s I have done for 30 odd years, but never had a name put on the back of one of them, I’m not trying to say I’m more grown up than any adult who does ( weirdo’s) fuck me I buy 3-4 big bags of Haribo’s every week that’s how grown up I am, just doesn’t sit right with me adult adulation of individual players ( weirdo’s ) teams I get, just get the shirt Mark because in the states the big majority won’t know who Everton are or James and when they find out you’re name’s Mark there going to think James is your boyfriend😂

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's a cultural thing.  in the states the vast majority of people (all ages) have a name on the back.  either their own, or their favorite players.  no numbers/name is very rare and wouldn't be a jersey, it would just be a t shirt.  

I’ve got JJ Watt on one of my jerseys because he helped me beat my brother in law in the final of his own fantasy league :lol: the only Everton jersey I ever got a name and number on was when I played with my dad at Goodison (may have mentioned it once or twice :P

its the badge that matters most to me for random seasons 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve got JJ Watt on one of my jerseys because he helped me beat my brother in law in the final of his own fantasy league :lol: the only Everton jersey I ever got a name and number on was when I played with my dad at Goodison (may have mentioned it once or twice :P

its the badge that matters most to me for random seasons 

it's a necessity in american sports because most have the numbers on both sides.  just a badge would look funny.  

@markjazzbassist on this one. I think our cultures are polar opposites in this regard. If we said 95% of adult jerseys in england are nameless on the back, I'd say 95% of adults jerseys in US have names on the back. I bought the James home shirt the day he signed, it showed up last week and it has already gotten multiple comments while I've been out running errands. I'll wait for the 3rd kit to go on sale and throw Allan or Gordon on it. Already have jerseys with Coleman, Digne, Richarlison, Davies, Besic and DCL. 

21 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

@markjazzbassist on this one. I think our cultures are polar opposites in this regard. If we said 95% of adult jerseys in england are nameless on the back, I'd say 95% of adults jerseys in US have names on the back. I bought the James home shirt the day he signed, it showed up last week and it has already gotten multiple comments while I've been out running errands. I'll wait for the 3rd kit to go on sale and throw Allan or Gordon on it. Already have jerseys with Coleman, Digne, Richarlison, Davies, Besic and DCL. 

It is strange the differences between us both, but doesn’t really matter horses for courses, I have the signed Besic shirt he actually wore in a game with the remembrance poppy on which I bought in a shooting stars auction for charity with money going to the Royal British Legion, that same auction also bought Pickford’s and Schneiderlin’s shirt, that was quite an expensive week, but for a good cause. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is strange the differences between us both, but doesn’t really matter horses for courses, I have the signed Besic shirt he actually wore in a game with the remembrance poppy on which I bought in a shooting stars auction for charity with money going to the Royal British Legion, that same auction also bought Pickford’s and Schneiderlin’s shirt, that was quite an expensive week, but for a good cause. 

That is fantastic!! Always had a soft spot for Besic if you're ever looking to sell that shirt let me know, it's possible i could find enough in the couch cushions to take it off your hands.