IGNORED

Rotherham United (FA Cup Home) Saturday 9 January

markjazzbassist

Siggy has done well at controlling the game in extra time. His defensive coverage has been good, he has controlled the ball and our passing forward. I do just wish his first thought wouldn't always be backwards. 

Even with that I still prefer him in that position to anyone else in Allan's absence.

I will stick with the good because there is too much shite to write about. 

Olsen did everything asked of him. A very solid and dependable performance. 

Mina came on and was a rock for us. He was organised, he injected some urgency into our play and won almost every challenge. 

Doucoure very similar to Mina in that he injected some energy into the team. The number of times he lays it off and then breaks forward is impressive and it takes defenders away from the ball. Its a shame he isnt found with the forward pass more as he showed he can finish. 

James was very in and out but I always felt he was trying to do something when he had the ball. He always wanted to front up and face goal. Others don't. 

I cant think of any others that impressed me more than they disappointed. 

That was fucking horrific, wasn't it?

We were great for the first 10 minutes until we scored and then fuck knows what happened, but we were atrocious in every way you can imagine. We lost all intensity, couldn't pass to save our lives and stopped doing anything like we thought the game was done.

There was some absolute dross out there for us, and each of the absolute worst were subbed off so I'm not going to go into how shit they were other than to say if you can't do it against Rotherham then perhaps you need to have a hard look at yourselves.

Into the next round and hopefully we won't play this badly again.