IGNORED

Predict our results: 2021-2022

Cornish Steve

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

Cheers for running the competition Cornish! 

Well done to Palfy as well... who would have thought it!🤣

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Demanding a recount here, a Palfy win is grade one oxymoron territory.

He came second in a contest where the question was, "who are you?" I'm told.

🤷‍♂️Has something happened 🤪

I've adapted game rules over time. For example,

• You can now include a first scorer even if predicting no goals, and 'none' when you predict a goal.
  • There's a point if your prediction is better than average (namely, a point for being close).
  • You lose a point when you fail to make a prediction.
  • You receive a bonus of 3 points if you predict correctly score and first scorer (rounded up to 10 points)

While wanting to keep things simple, do you have any ideas for improvement? I like the idea, for example, of double points if your first scorer manages a hat-trick.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I've adapted game rules over time. For example,

• You can now include a first scorer even if predicting no goals, and 'none' when you predict a goal.
  • There's a point if your prediction is better than average (namely, a point for being close).
  • You lose a point when you fail to make a prediction.
  • You receive a bonus of 3 points if you predict correctly score and first scorer (rounded up to 10 points)

While wanting to keep things simple, do you have any ideas for improvement? I like the idea, for example, of double points if your first scorer manages a hat-trick.

If you call a hattrick you should get double points but you have to call it 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you call a hattrick you should get double points but you have to call it 

Everyone would just call it every game though, unless you put some sort of limit on the amount of times you can do it.

As we've only had one hat-trick since 2017 it's not an overly radical shake up of the rules though😂

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Everyone would just call it every game though, unless you put some sort of limit on the amount of times you can do it.

As we've only had one hat-trick since 2017 it's not an overly radical shake up of the rules though😂

"Call hattrick" would mean that if its not a hattrick, the goal scorer point is ignored even if named scorer scores?

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

"Call hattrick" would mean that if its not a hattrick, the goal scorer point is ignored even if named scorer scores?

Then, given we've amassed sixteen hat-tricks in thirty PL seasons, anyone calling one would need psychiatric help:P

• 1 month later...
  • MikeO locked, unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic