IGNORED

Neal Maupay

c1982

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Get him back STAT!

Interesting thing is cos they play 2 up front he is getting a goal.  The issue is that in 5 out of the last 7 games Brentford have conceded at least 3 goals. 

I think that's why many teams don't play 2 strikers. 

18 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

As frustrating as it is seeing him score whilst on loan, the more goal he gets the better - if we want to offload him for a permanent fee in the summer, we will at least get a few more quid for him as somebody who grabs a few goals.

He's the footballing equivalent of a false economy.  He has a strike partner but scores goals and his team are overrun else where.

dont like Kyle walker but equally I think Maupay is a prick trying to goad him about his affair 

17 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He's the footballing equivalent of a false economy.  He has a strike partner but scores goals and his team are overrun else where.

dont like Kyle walker but equally I think Maupay is a prick trying to goad him about his affair 

What...you don't think a bloke who is married with a few kids, fucks another lassy, has a kid with her,pays her off and has nothing to do with that kid. Then while his wife is pregnant with their 4th kid, 'accidentally' fucks the other lassy again 'once' after a chance meeting, for her to have their 2nd kiddie...

Doesn't deserve some goading?

17 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I love this false economy argument. So he does his job and its his fault that his other team mates don't. Déjà vu :lol:

57 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

What...you don't think a bloke who is married with a few kids, fucks another lassy, has a kid with her,pays her off and has nothing to do with that kid. Then while his wife is pregnant with their 4th kid, 'accidentally' fucks the other lassy again 'once' after a chance meeting, for her to have their 2nd kiddie...

Personally, I'm all for it.

I loved Bellingham calling Greenwood a rapist too.

14 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Express your opinion don't quote and change mine.... you ain't 12 🤣

im not a fan of walker but what makes Maupay the moral police?  He's a little shithouse who wouldn't dream of saying what he said to walker off the pitch.  Thats my issue with him - makes out he's got a bit about him, he shrank playing for us. 

He got made to look like a prick mocking Maddison's goal celebration.  Been beaten in back to back games and he's acting like he's playing for a team that's unbeaten

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's got fuck all to do with Maupay and I'm guessing there is a lot going on behind the scenes which walker will be rightly feeling. 

Ironic Maupay being a voice on affairs, he comes from a country renowned for mistresses being "ok".

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I love this false economy argument. So he does his job and its his fault that his other team mates don't. Déjà vu :lol:

yeah it is Deja vu isn't it, a while ago some wise sod mentioned that the overall result of the team supersedes that of an individuals performance.

its not a novel concept really... if you have a player up front who needs to be tactically indulged which could impact you team in the goals against column then you need to look at reward/risk.   

id say 5 goals for the individual while the team concedes near 20 and has relegation form says to me "stick Toney up front on his own and put an extra midfielder in" ....  

if I'm not mistaken I believe Klopp dropped Sturridge for this reason..... and let's face it, Maupay ain't Sturridge 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Personally, I'm all for it.

I loved Bellingham calling Greenwood a rapist too.

I think there's a difference between expressing disgust at a player who should be in prison vs a player who hasn't committed a crime.  You don't think Brentford has players who have extra curricular activity going on behind their wives backs?

it would be interesting to know if Maupay ribs Toney in training about gambling on his team to lose. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

yeah it is Deja vu isn't it, a while ago some wise sod mentioned that the overall result of the team supersedes that of an individuals performance.

its not a novel concept really... if you have a player up front who needs to be tactically indulged which could impact you team in the goals against column then you need to look at reward/risk.   

id say 5 goals for the individual while the team concedes near 20 and has relegation form says to me "stick Toney up front on his own and put an extra midfielder in" ....  

if I'm not mistaken I believe Klopp dropped Sturridge for this reason..... and let's face it, Maupay ain't Sturridge 

I'd say if a striker is scoring goals, it's on the defence to stop conceding. Radical idea I know, putting responsibility on those responsible.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm pretty certain Gwlad has just accidentally put his reply to your quoted post inside the post and isn't trying to change yours.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think there's a difference between expressing disgust at a player who should be in prison vs a player who hasn't committed a crime.  You don't think Brentford has players who have extra curricular activity going on behind their wives backs?

it would be interesting to know if Maupay ribs Toney in training about gambling on his team to lose. 

What Walker did isn't a crime, no, but it's still disgusting and I don't see the problem with Maupay or any other player being a snide about it. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd say if a striker is scoring goals, it's on the defence to stop conceding. Radical idea I know, putting responsibility on those responsible.

I'd say if a striker only scores goals if he's got another striker alongside him where most teams only have 1 - then his inclusion is weakening the side elsewhere.

Maybe Thomas Frank is getting it in the ear from his midfielders who have been overrun in the last few games I've watched them 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm pretty certain Gwlad has just accidentally put his reply to your quoted post inside the post and isn't trying to change yours.

What Walker did isn't a crime, no, but it's still disgusting and I don't see the problem with Maupay or any other player being a snide about it. 

It's not comparable in any way to rape though. 

I personally think Maupay talking about someone's personal life to them on the pitch and bringing his children into it makes him a prick.  

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'd say if a striker only scores goals if he's got another striker alongside him where most teams only have 1 - then his inclusion is weakening the side elsewhere.

Maybe Thomas Frank is getting it in the ear from his midfielders who have been overrun in the last few games I've watched them 

I do know what you mean, it's a balancing act. My tongue in cheek dig was more about putting the blame on the shoulders of the 1 guy who's doing his job. Minimum its the managers fault, mostly its his teammates. 

But let's not do the dance again :lol:

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It's got fuck all to do with Maupay and I'm guessing there is a lot going on behind the scenes which walker will be rightly feeling. 

Ironic Maupay being a voice on affairs, he comes from a country renowned for mistresses being "ok".

Hang on, did you just label an entire countrys culture as philanderers? Based on what? 

Oh and since Greenwood wasn't convicted, there's no crime to speak of. So it's poor taste banter in both examples.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

It's not comparable in any way to rape though. 

I personally think Maupay talking about someone's personal life to them on the pitch and bringing his children into it makes him a prick.  

I wasn't saying it's comparable to rape, just that it's using something against a player to goad them on the pitch.

I'd be in Walker's ear about what a horrible little bastard he is if I was a player as well. And now everyone knows you can get a reaction out of him by doing it you'll have more players trying it.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wasn't saying it's comparable to rape, just that it's using something against a player to goad them on the pitch.

I'd be in Walker's ear about what a horrible little bastard he is if I was a player as well. And now everyone knows you can get a reaction out of him by doing it you'll have more players trying it.

Wasn't there a lot of complaining that we're too nice and we need a nasty character? Sure I read that somewhere...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Hang on, did you just label an entire countrys culture as philanderers? Based on what? 

Oh and since Greenwood wasn't convicted, there's no crime to speak of. So it's poor taste banter in both examples.

Greenwood wasn't convicted cos the girl who released video evidence which was horrific in itself decided not to be a witness any more.

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wasn't there a lot of complaining that we're too nice and we need a nasty character? Sure I read that somewhere...

Yeah I think I may have said our players need to mentally wreck opponents heads with personal stuff and bring their kids into it. I'll have to dig it out....

if I can't find that you may find posts where I've said we need to stop being so soft as though we want an award for being good sports. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

im not a fan of walker but what makes Maupay the moral police?  He's a little shithouse who wouldn't dream of saying what he said to walker off the pitch.  Thats my issue with him - makes out he's got a bit about him, he shrank playing for us. 

He got made to look like a prick mocking Maddison's goal celebration.  Been beaten in back to back games and he's acting like he's playing for a team that's unbeaten

Sorry I didn't realise the mistake with the post. I wouldn't dare to change your post!

It doesn't change my opinion of Walker. Feel sorry for the women and kids.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah I think I may have said our players need to mentally wreck opponents heads with personal stuff and bring their kids into it. I'll have to dig it out....

if I can't find that you may find posts where I've said we need to stop being so soft as though we want an award for being good sports. 

Wasn't talking about you specifically, it was a general observation. I

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Greenwood wasn't convicted cos the girl who released video evidence which was horrific in itself decided not to be a witness any more.

So there's been no criminal prosecution, so no crime has been punished. Don't get me wrong, it stinks to high heaven and I don't agree with how it played out. But he wasn't convicted is what I was getting at.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

So there's been no criminal prosecution, so no crime has been punished. Don't get me wrong, it stinks to high heaven and I don't agree with how it played out. But he wasn't convicted is what I was getting at.

Money talks.... that photo /audio footage was a disgrace. Proper piece of shit 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Money talks.... that photo /audio footage was a disgrace. Proper piece of shit 

Oh I agree, that is the most likely scenario. However he was acquitted so he's "innocent" of rape and so the comparison between goading a serial womaniser and a violent womaniser is quite valid and both deserve all the stick they deserve. Fuck them both. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh I agree, that is the most likely scenario. However he was acquitted so he's "innocent" of rape and so the comparison between goading a serial womaniser and a violent womaniser is quite valid and both deserve all the stick they deserve. Fuck them both. 

The reality of football is that if you look at everything about the game now vs 30 years ago it's been destroyed by money and what money does to people.

Many players and commentators etc think they can do as they want, the arrogance is off the scale.  The biggest key factor in getting the right players etc is getting those characters who aren't gonna be doing tik tok videos, stood laughing after a loss, it's about getting good characters...

as we've seen the premier league itself as an org has been destroyed by money 

• 2 weeks later...