IGNORED

Neal Maupay

c1982

30 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

What I do like about him is the fact that he's a little rat. He's great pissing the other side off. Just not very good at scoring goals unfortunately.

He'd probably do much better alongside someone who does have those qualities I mentioned....maybe Lukaku!:getmecoat:

He’s actually very good at pissing us off as well!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought he did really well when he came on.

Colour me surprised that he looked much better playing with another striker. 

I’m not surprised at all. Doucoure’s work rate is second to none but we have nothing in terms of link up around the box & he kills our attacks so often.

I really hope Dyche has an arm around Maupay after the game telling him that’s exactly what he wants from him.

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m not surprised at all. Doucoure’s work rate is second to none but we have nothing in terms of link up around the box & he kills our attacks so often.

I really hope Dyche has an arm around Maupay after the game telling him that’s exactly what he wants from him.

I wasn’t actually surprised, I’ve been saying it for ages. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Would you play dcl ahead of maupay if we went 2 up front?

Yeah, assuming Dom isn't fit. Maybe even if he is. Maupay has always needed that lead man he can feed off of, and never had it. Now we've potentially got 2-3 target men, we ship him out?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I was a fan of his before he joined, I won't judge him on 12 months in a shitshow. 

That's fair enough. 
We all have players we rate even when the stats suggest we shouldn't.
I for instance am a fan of Godfrey still 🤡, so take my opinion with large pinch of salt 😂

Maupay tho, without a partner, should've had a hat trick vs Fulham but couldn't finish his dinner 😬
I don't see a role for him, that's all 

1 minute ago, Fosse Captain said:

That's fair enough. 
We all have players we rate even when the stats suggest we shouldn't.
I for instance am a fan of Godfrey still 🤡, so take my opinion with large pinch of salt 😂

Maupay tho, without a partner, should've had a hat trick vs Fulham but couldn't finish his dinner 😬
I don't see a role for him, that's all 

Oh I agree he's surplus to requirements now, just find the timing funny. 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, assuming Dom isn't fit. Maybe even if he is. Maupay has always needed that lead man he can feed off of, and never had it. Now we've potentially got 2-3 target men, we ship him out?

To do what though? His finishing is abysmal. He doesn’t offer anything that we wouldn’t get from anyone else.  I’d have Dwight mcneil off the striker if it was a choice and even then we could see dele make a come back. 

Maupay is poor mate 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

To do what though? His finishing is abysmal. He doesn’t offer anything that we wouldn’t get from anyone else.  I’d have Dwight mcneil off the striker if it was a choice and even then we could see dele make a come back. 

Maupay is poor mate 

He's been poor for us, no doubt. But he wasn't that player when we signed. 

If he's going, good. He's not succeeded here. But I don't think what we've seen is the real player and I think that's more down to us than him. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's been poor for us, no doubt. But he wasn't that player when we signed. 

If he's going, good. He's not succeeded here. But I don't think what we've seen is the real player and I think that's more down to us than him. 

I dunno. I wasn’t against signing him but when we signed him Brighton weren’t playing him, they had wellbeck etc ahead of him. 

whatever we think he was - he isn’t.  No pace, no strength, can’t finish, no skill.