IGNORED

Neal Maupay

c1982

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Looked in to it & its a fake account that seems to have been made just for the comment.

Some of the comments of his page are disgusting though & there is a portion of our fan base that is beyond toxic causing as much damage to the club as the likes of Bill & co.

Nothing compared to what could be heard at the ground though,  sadly. 

We all know football is a 99% emotional and a 1% sensible experience, but there are some dickheads out there that lack the 1% and say some unacceptable things.  
But without doubt he is fucking useless in front of goal, and as a team if we don’t replace him or find a different answer within the players we have, we will be fucked for another season.  

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We all know football is a 99% emotional and a 1% sensible experience, but there are some dickheads out there that lack the 1% and say some unacceptable things.  
But without doubt he is fucking unless in front of goal, and as a team if we don’t replace him or find a different answer within the players we have, we will be fucked for another season.  

No wonder he can't score, he can't finish with an audience!

56 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was a Fulham fan apparently.

Not that that makes it any better because people shouldn't have to deal with that shit.

I saw that too but too easy for anyone to write anything anonymously. I might be in the minority in that I actually thought he looked sharper yesterday than anything I’ve seen of him in an Everton shirt. He should obviously of scored, he’s not clinical and neither the answer to our problems when DCL isn’t fit. However, I’ve never seen him take up such good positions as he did yesterday. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I saw that too but too easy for anyone to write anything anonymously. I might be in the minority in that I actually thought he looked sharper yesterday than anything I’ve seen of him in an Everton shirt. He should obviously of scored, he’s not clinical and neither the answer to our problems when DCL isn’t fit. However, I’ve never seen him take up such good positions as he did yesterday. 

It looked like having a full pre-season of Dyche and how he wants the team to play had helped him a lot.

Obviously he could and maybe should have put have put one of his chances in the back of the net, but I was definitely more disappointed with Patterson's and Doucoure's missed opportunities.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It looked like having a full pre-season of Dyche and how he wants the team to play had helped him a lot.

Obviously he could and maybe should have put have put one of his chances in the back of the net, but I was definitely more disappointed with Patterson's and Doucoure's missed opportunities.

I was disappointed with all the players who missed chances, as if we needed to know this was just another game that highlighted that we haven’t got goals in the team and we haven’t really done much to improve it. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Perhaps the single most common expression on the faces of Everton players is wide-eyed shock, usually accompanied by hands on head, at a missed shot that should have been pretty easy.

For me, the most shocking shots by Doucouré last season were the 2 he scored against Brighton.  One of the very few matches all season in which Doucouré did not put hands to head in — what amounts to — self-mocking shock at his inability to finish any sort of “shot” whatsoever.

More disappointed with Iwobi’s two yard tickle of the ball myself. Goalkeeper was allowed to another the ball because he was let off. 

Maupays flick of the ball could have been better, but the goalkeeper was close to him. 

You know what Palfy is right, we should have had at least four. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

More disappointed with Iwobi’s two yard tickle of the ball myself. Goalkeeper was allowed to another the ball because he was let off. 

Maupays flick of the ball could have been better, but the goalkeeper was close to him. 

You know what Palfy is right, we should have had at least four. 

But that’s the problem mate it’s not just the fault of Maupay we have poor finishers upfront and in midfield, the only player to give a goal return you would expect for his position last season was McNeil with 7 not prolific but a decent return no one else came close to matching that, and from yesterday’s game we can see again that Iwobi Onana Doucoure and Maupay won’t be changing that stat any time soon. The build up play is good we created more chances than you should need to to win the game. Iwobi’s saving grace for me is his work ethic and creativity, last season he was in the top 4-5 in the league with 8 assists which was huge in a team that only scored 34 goals. 

I feel sorry for they guy. I was at the match yesterday (rare trip to Goodison Park) and he, looked very lively, got into great positions, but his finishing is aweful. From his first shot when we won the ball back and counter attacked and he dragged it wide you could see he would never score. From then on the chances he had got easier and he found new ways to miss them.

He tried hard, but his form and confidence are shot. They guy next go me said he couldnt score at a sex party, about sums it up.

Not sure why Dyche kept him on so long, we all felt he would be subbed at half time, and were shocked when he came out. Anyone would have been better. Was Dyche making a point to the board?

He got a round of applause when he came off, relief really, then we conceded straight away. Everton that.

Does not deserve the abuse, nobody does. But his time here is done, he cant play for us again, it would be cruel and unfair on him more than anything. 

Actually thought he had a half decent game on Saturday.

Probably his best performance since he's been here.

said that he should have put away at least one of his chances.

I thought he looked most dangerous when we were trying to play balls in behind, the trouble is he doesn't have the height, the strength or the pace to capitalise, and his shooting is tame for a striker.

I got the impression overall that we don't practice with keepers, anything that was on target was straight at Leno. That goes for him as well as the rest of the team.

8 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

What I do like about him is the fact that he's a little rat. He's great pissing the other side off. Just not very good at scoring goals unfortunately.

He'd probably do much better alongside someone who does have those qualities I mentioned....maybe Lukaku!:getmecoat:

Our version of Little and Large: our very own comedy duo.