IGNORED

Pontus Jansson

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Peter H said:

So, let me get this straight. He was a hero at both Leeds and Brentford but please god no? 

this is a good defender with lots of heart and big balls. We would be lucky to get him. 

He just wears his heart on his sleeve, it doesnt make him a good enough defender at this level. 

If he came in he would just add to the problems we have of slow, not very agile centre backs and it would be a very short term decision. 

Another thing with this type of signing is that he doesnt come cheap. 

He is worth way more to Brentford than he would bring to us. To get him out of Brentford, who are a stable and thriving club, then we would also likely have to pay him far too much in wages than he is really worth, unless they go down. 

It is not what we need IMO.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Another thing with this type of signing is that he doesnt come cheap. 

He is worth way more to Brentford than he would bring to us. To get him out of Brentford, who are a stable and thriving club, then we would also likely have to pay him far too much in wages than he is really worth, unless they go down. 

It is not what we need IMO.

We need 2 Jansson’s never mind just the 1, we haven’t got a CB we can rely on. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We need 2 Jansson’s never mind just the 1, we haven’t got a CB we can rely on. 

I dont think he comes into the club with us playing that way and improves it. Brighton played it in behind us so many times tonight and we just managed to get back in. That will only get worse with another defender like Jansson.

He must play at least 10 yards deeper than Keane to start with at Brentford and he plays in a back 5 helping hide the weaknesses in his game. 

If that is where you want us to go (sat deep, 5 at the back) then fine I could see how his signing might make sense. If that is the case we might as well sell Godfrey whilst we are at it because the things that make him stand out won't come to the fore.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Difference is that he is tougher and will challenge for the ball higher up, allowing players with pace like Godfrey to act as a sweeper behind. 
He is no slower than Keane, but much more a physical fighter.

I disagree. From what I have seen of him he is slower, less likely to come out of the line and get anywhere near the player and he is worse on the ball. 

Just watch Ings' goal today. What the hell was he doing? 

• 2 weeks later...