IGNORED

Burnley (Away) 26th December

Romey 1878

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We tried to get the game postponed due to having 5 positive covid cases but, surprise surprise, it was rejected by the PL.

We've had to call up 5 U23 players that are all under the age of 21. Bet the manager was devastated having to do that :lol:.

But Liverpool's game, of course, was postponed. I'm so cynical about EPL leadership right now.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We tried to get the game postponed due to having 5 positive covid cases but, surprise surprise, it was rejected by the PL.

We've had to call up 5 U23 players that are all under the age of 21. Bet the manager was devastated having to do that :lol:.

More concerned that with only 9 outfield players available DCL may have to go straight in and play the full 90

38 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

More concerned that with only 9 outfield players available DCL may have to go straight in and play the full 90

Exactly 11 outfield players unavailable due to injuries or Covid, I’m sure Pickford could play up front if needs be 😄

•  

• Burnley have won more Premier League home games against Everton (four) than they have versus any other side in the competition.

• This is the sixth time Burnley and Everton have met in league games on Boxing Day, with the Toffees unbeaten in each of the previous five (won four, drawn one). One of these was a 5-1 victory at Turf Moor in 2018-19, their joint-biggest margin of victory away from home on Boxing Day in their league history.

• Burnley have failed to score in each of their last three Premier League games, attempting just 25 shots (8.3 per game) in those fixtures, with just three of those on target (1 per game). The Clarets last went four league matches without scoring in November 2020.

• Meanwhile, Everton have won just one of their last 11 Premier League games (drawn three, lost seven), beating Arsenal 2-1 at Goodison Park earlier this month. Away from home, the Toffees are winless in seven league outings (drawn two, lost five) since a 2-0 win at Brighton in August.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pep dropping hints about a player strike. Surprised its taken this long to be honest, and I'd be completely supportive of them. 

It's the complete lack of consistency that's annoying me. How are they choosing which games are allowed to be postponed? Because there doesn't seem to be any method to it. You can't even say it's a case of favouring the 'bigger' clubs because Chelsea had their request turned down last time out.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

It's the complete lack of consistency that's annoying me. How are they choosing which games are allowed to be postponed? Because there doesn't seem to be any method to it. You can't even say it's a case of favouring the 'bigger' clubs because Chelsea had their request turned down last time out.

How are the choosing? :Money:

18 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If Burnley are in the same boat, I'd strike a deal ahead of time. At first and second half kickoffs, a player should simply kick the ball out of play. All players could then sit around the centre circle and discuss how to solve world hunger for 90 minutes.

I believe Burnley have a near full strength squad. So massively in their favour for this match to go ahead. 

I think its disgraceful from the Premier League to let some games be cancelled and some not be cancelled. I believe our 'fit' 9 outfield player include DCL and Digne. Can DCL really be classed as match fit having been out for so long? 

Results wise at the moment I would settle for all our players coming away without injury. How is that right.  

I suspect there may have also been a bit of lobbying by teams near the bottom of the Premiership (Watford, Leeds, Southampton etc.,)  who would be adversely affected by a Burnley win.  It should never have got this far, as another poster said, 'if it had been Liverpool, they would have  got the OK by return.'

1 minute ago, johnh said:

I suspect there may have also been a bit of lobbying by teams near the bottom of the Premiership (Watford, Leeds, Southampton etc.,)  who would be adversely affected by a Burnley win.  It should never have got this far, as another poster said, 'if it had been Liverpool, they would have  got the OK by return.'

I agree John, but you know what mate there’s in a spirit in this club that’s been here from the beginning and if we had to play, we would have come through and won of that I have no doubt.