IGNORED

Tyler Adams

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Agreed with the above. He’s pretty much what folks are saying we need in midfield when they talk about what we lack. He’s definitely not the finished product, but he’s still young and has lots of potential. 

Right and we aren’t in a position where we will get a finished product. Gonna be a cast-off, or someone young that comes good for us at this point.

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yep. Leeds doing plenty of good business this window so far.

We've got James Tarkowski 🙃

I wouldn’t say selling their best player for £45m is good business and replacing him with an unknown quantity for almost as much. 

I'm not saying I want any of the players that Leeds have gone out and brought in to replace two of their better players, but they've been proactive in replacing them while we're still sitting on our hands.

Is that because we actually don't have the Richarlison money to spend or is it because we haven't even identified players to replace him even though we knew he was going? Neither scenario is good.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not saying I want any of the players that Leeds have gone out and brought in to replace two of their better players, but they've been proactive in replacing them while we're still sitting on our hands.

Is that because we actually don't have the Richarlison money to spend or is it because we haven't even identified players to replace him even though we knew he was going? Neither scenario is good.

I do think we can spend most of the money we got but some of the prices getting quoted are crazy 30m for gibbs white is a bit worrying he’s done nothing in his career so far. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Those aren’t the only scenarios though or the most likely. We’ve been linked to plenty of attacking players and Richarlison just left. Negotiations don’t often happen overnight. There is no chance we haven’t identified players. Whether we can afford them and whether they will come are different questions but there are some fairly credible reports on guys like Gallagher, Dennis, Broja etc.. patience.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Those aren’t the only scenarios though or the most likely. We’ve been linked to plenty of attacking players and Richarlison just left. Negotiations don’t often happen overnight. There is no chance we haven’t identified players. Whether we can afford them and whether they will come are different questions but there are some fairly credible reports on guys like Gallagher, Dennis, Broja etc.. patience.

We've known Richarlison was going for a long time, we should have had deals ready to go and that's my point. Leeds have done it no bother. We never do it and it's annoying.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We've known Richarlison was going for a long time, we should have had deals ready to go and that's my point. Leeds have done it no bother. We never do it and it's annoying.

I’m not sure I get your reasoning here. He was only sold a few days ago. Until he’s sold we can only advance other deals so far since we don’t know when or if we will have those funds. Of course we have players in the queue as we do every single window. Whether we can sign them and how long a negotiation takes are separate issues. No reason to panic 

On 06/07/2022 at 18:30, SpartyBlue said:

I’m not sure I get your reasoning here. He was only sold a few days ago. Until he’s sold we can only advance other deals so far since we don’t know when or if we will have those funds. Of course we have players in the queue as we do every single window. Whether we can sign them and how long a negotiation takes are separate issues. No reason to panic 

Whilst I agree that there is no reason to panic just yet, a lot of these deals are done in the same way you might buy your house... I.e. a chain. 

They might not all get announced at the same time but one big signing tends to set off a wave of smaller signings across the various leagues. 

The earlier a big signing happens in the window, the less ripples it tends to have, but the later it gets the more impact it has on the rest of the market (and likewise the more the market impacts the signing).