IGNORED

Morgan Gibbs-White

A very similar player to Coner Gallagher, but likely to be half the price. Gallagher is going to be premium money and I guess wages as well. He is the current darling of the Premiership when it comes to young player - financially I think this season he is out of our league purchase wise as things stand. They type of player we should have invested in instead of Gyfi etc when we had money to through around. 

Buying a very similar player at half the cost who will be hungry to prove himself at Prem level is probably a good shout from the club. 

Gallagher or both Gibbs White and Broga for the same sort of money.  I would go for the latter deal - that would be a good investment of the Richy money in my opinion. 

57 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Reading that he was not always first choice, and his game time was restricted, is this really going to move us forward. And it's a lot of money for another squad player.

If he did not set wolves on fire, why would he here.

Have to remember his age and the midfielders ahead of him at Wolves are not to shabby - so maybe just not getting the game time ahead of the Portuguese contingent at the club, Wolves's midfielders have been performing. He did very well at Sheffield Utd - who only got knocked out of the play-offs by Forest. Last year was his first run proper at consistent first team selection - and held his own very well. 

Like I said, it easy to focus on Gallagher as the shining star, and he will come with the price tag (even the like of me and you can scout Gallagher as a very good player!!) - Club need to perhaps be a little bit cleverer given our pockets are not that deep at the moment.  

Just now, RuffRob said:

Have to remember his age and the midfielders ahead of him at Wolves are not to shabby - so maybe just not getting the game time ahead of the Portuguese contingent at the club, Wolves's midfielders have been performing. He did very well at Sheffield Utd - who only got knocked out of the play-offs by Forest. Last year was his first run proper at consistent first team selection - and held his own very well. 

Like I said, it easy to focus on Gallagher as the shining star, and he will come with the price tag (even the like of me and you can scout Gallagher as a very good player!!) - Club need to perhaps be a little bit cleverer given our pockets are not that deep at the moment.  

Agree with some of what you say, but he impressed in the championship, not premier league, some of wolves' midfielders are well into their 30s, and he should have made it to a regular slot.

if it was 10mil yes, but not 25-30mil, plus Gallagher has made a huge difference in the premiership, wherever Hes been, i would pay the extra for him, rather than take another chance on a player who frankly has never looked to take the premiership by storm, and still looks like a squad player.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If he was good enough to take over from Moutinho or Neves we wouldn’t have a chance of signing him anyway. 

That's my thoughts - some very tidy and consistent players ahead of him. Wolves did the right thing and sent him to get regular football in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

Agree with some of what you say, but he impressed in the championship, not premier league, some of wolves' midfielders are well into their 30s, and he should have made it to a regular slot.

if it was 10mil yes, but not 25-30mil, plus Gallagher has made a huge difference in the premiership, wherever Hes been, i would pay the extra for him, rather than take another chance on a player who frankly has never looked to take the premiership by storm, and still looks like a squad player.

Just my opinion.

Can only do well in the league you are in - Championship is a tough old league and I think picking up good young players who have performed in that league, is as good a hunting ground as some of the less competitive leagues in Europe for good players (French or Dutch leagues). At least the players have shown they can travel the length and breath of UK in rain and shine. I think Championship football is as physically tough if not tougher than the Dutch league.

I agree, 25-30M is far to much - but £15-20M with potential sell on percentage or even adds should he turn out the dogs is what we should be looking at.

How much for Gallagher? £50-60M, it not like we have the finances to 'pay the extra'. Especially as other players are going to be needed this window. I am not massively keen on just 'loaning' Gallagher for 12 months, unless money is that tight he a loan is all we can get. 

I haven't seen much of him live but I when I have, I also haven't seen a great deal especially not to make him a £30mil footballer.

On balance, when I have seen him it was mainly at Wolves and he would have only been a bit part player on the fringes getting scraps of playing time and I don't think that is a platform for any player to show what they can do.

I have also just watched a couple of videos on him after his season at Sheffield Utd and they make him look like he is worth every penny. I am particularly impressed by his willingness to get into the box and beat his marker. He looks like he has some quality in that right foot and enough pace and size about him to make his mark in the league.  He could very easily be one of those players that playing week in week out has made a man out of him and as @RuffRob says above, there are plenty of reasons to sign promising players from the Championship. Even if they don't go on to be superstars, they tend to at least be a bit more hardened and capable of stepping in and doing the job. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

So according to the rumour mill, our recruitment strategy is based on having 3 names now!!

Kyle Walker Peters

Morgan Gibbs White

Keane Lewis Potter

Jacob Rhys Mogg

Jabba The Hut

Here in America 3 names is a good sign you might be a serial murderer. So we should probably tread lightly.

Just checked out a video of him at Sheffield United.  Looks like he takes Dele's spot (which has never been Dele's spot!), looks to drive forward well, takes on shots and looks to play people in well with some good through balls around the box.

Would work well with Gordon and Gray if they can look to cut inside and get into the box.

Not sure on the price, he's young and English so price is always high but they need to be confident that he'll produce in the Premier league.  Any offer over what we want to pay for him should be based around add ons that show some kind of success from him.

Reading up on the lad, he also seems to be a real work horse who covers every blade of grass and more than does his share of work  when a team are without the ball. It sounds like he really does have the makings of a quality player. That kind of effort will go down well with the Goodison faithful. We will glad of this side of his game with Richy gone.

Read that Brentford have paid £16M initial fee, up to £20M with add on for Lewis Potter. So pretty much setting the going rate for young offensive Championship talent. Morgan Gibbs White sounds like a lot more athletic, bigger and stronger player and also a possibly tad more quality from what I am reading  - and I would personally take the chance on MGW over Lewis Potter any day of the week. So he is not unreasonable at around £25m + performance add on,