IGNORED

Viktor Gyökeres

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Go £20m plus add ons.

tbf Coventry rely on him heavily, he’s potentially worth a lot more to them than that. That said his contract is whittling down so they need to think about it. 

maybe see if they want maupay 

I love these sort of shouts as if Maupay has no say in the matter.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Why would Coventry even consider selling him on deadline day? This should have been happening at least a week ago and probably for a more reasonable price. 

Exactly my thoughts, but we also knew we would be likely changing our manager back in November, seemingly no due diligence was done. 

Even “if” Gyökeres was identified a while ago…. Which should have been the case why have we waited so long? Clearly the Gordon money may be part of it but we needed a striker and that’s. Without question.

we are a horrendously governed club and the pressure needs to be maintained on the board to be ejected. No accountability, no standards, pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Can’t blame them, we sit on our hands. Look at Brighton, they buy smartly. Nothing to stop us doing so. 

That’s what we need to be very smart. 
rather than pay 25m for unproven players I’d rather try and get a couple of loans in. 

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

If we had bought this lad for a fair price before selling Gordon then surely whoever bought Gordon would have had us over a barrel (knowing we had to sell for FFP) and they would probably have got Gordon for around 20 mill - which is still more than he is worth imho.

Can't win, can we.

No. You get the deal agreed in principle, when you do your bit you then do the rest. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

We have enough in this squad to do OK, just need the manager to kick some arses.

I keep seeing folks saying this, and I really don't get it. Why does anyone think this squad is better than the ones around us? If so, then why? 

Managers aside, most games over the last few years have been pretty bad and have only been getting worse. We don't have that much quality. I understand confidence plays a part in how bad we've been, but at some point we have to admit that this crop is just not that good. 

Even if we do survive the drop, we need some major changes to our squad. 

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I keep seeing folks saying this, and I really don't get it. Why does anyone think this squad is better than the ones around us? If so, then why? 

Managers aside, most games over the last few years have been pretty bad and have only been getting worse. We don't have that much quality. I understand confidence plays a part in how bad we've been, but at some point we have to admit that this crop is just not that good. 

Even if we do survive the drop, we need some major changes to our squad. 

A quarter of the way through the season, we had the strongest defence in the league. We have England's #1 goalie. Our midfield is the best we've had in a while. All we need is a goal poacher. That one addition will change things entirely.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

A quarter of the way through the season, we had the strongest defence in the league. We have England's #1 goalie. Our midfield is the best we've had in a while. All we need is a goal poacher. That one addition will change things entirely.

I will have to disagree. Our defence has obviously sputtered (keyword: had). Agree on the goalie, but that doesn't score goals. Our midfield is the best that WE have had in a while, but that doesn't address my point about the teams around us being just as strong or stronger. DCL is a strong, goal-poaching forward; that's literally all he is supposed to be good for.  He's out of form, but who comes in and takes his place and is an improvement? I don't even think that one addition changes the fact that our guys don't know what to do with the ball in the final third. 

41 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

A poacher? We aren’t creating chances?

• 4 weeks later...