IGNORED

Viktor Gyökeres

• 3 months later...

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-sean-dyche-viktor-gyokeres-lukaku-premier-league-transfers-news-rumours-efc/

A player I would have liked to have seen come in January - He has to be considered the best option from the Championship.

Now to me this is where the club should be using Ellis or Cannan as part of the negotiations. This would be win win for everybody. We get a mature striker we want, Coventry get a young ready made replacement who has already scored goals at that level and we send a youngster out to get what is hopefully lots of competitive minutes of senior football. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-viktor-gyokeres-transfer-news-everton-premier-league/

Premiership has to be a better draw to him than Portugal - descent age and maturity, and think he will be robust enough for the Premiership.

Coventry missed premier league football by the narrowest of margins (and one of the form teams towards the end) and Gyokeres was their stand out player - If he was English you could add +£10M the fee being talked about!!! I wouldn't dick around with to much negotiation of a couple of million on the fee, get it done quick and before pre-season starts.

He will score goals and be a decent team player. More than half his goals scored where in away games, plenty against teams that ended up in or around the play-offs, and spread over the full season. A good consistent record. 

Just read an article in the echo naming 17 players we are currently being linked with or interested in, that’s what I call casting the net far and wide. I would be happy to get 2-3 decent players in as long as it doesn’t mean we have to sell 1 or 2 of our better players. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just read an article in the echo naming 17 players we are currently being linked with or interested in, that’s what I call casting the net far and wide. I would be happy to get 2-3 decent players in as long as it doesn’t mean we have to sell 1 or 2 of our better players. 

I can get behind some wishful thinking!

• 2 weeks later...