IGNORED

Liverpool (Home) - 3rd September

FairWooney

Really impressive performance from all today, it looks like what Frank is trying to do is starting to happen, solid performances from the established players and the younger ones settling nicely. Result could have gone either way, but overall I walked away feeling we have dropped 2 points, of the goal had stood, we would have won.

As others have said I’m looking forward to games again 👍

On a side not I hope the guy who was taken ill on the 919 back to town is OK

I am incredibly pleased and proud with how we played today. I couldn't really have asked for, or hoped, for more to be honest.

It wasn't perfect, we rode our luck at times, but you could see the plan, see the ideas of how we were playing. We've watched us stumble through games and look utterly lost. But not today.

We've also watched us play with a lethargy. Especially off the ball. But, again, not today. Every single player gave everything they had to the cause. I can't fault any of them for their efforts.

We also looked more fluent in attack and had chances to win it. I've come away from the game gutted and disappointed that we didn't take the three points. How many times in recent years have any of us been disappointed we didn't manage to win against that lot? Not many, if any!

That's not to say the shite won't also be disappointed that they didn't win the game. Pickford isn't our MOTM for nothing!

All in all, this game has given me hope for the season.

This was such an exciting game to watch, and a draw was, in all honesty, a fair result. If either team deserved to win, we did - but Liverpool hit the post more times. As others have said, every player contributed, even the subs. Pickford was astonishingly good, and our back line is becoming solid. I couldn't help but notice how Tarkowski barked orders to Mykolenko, and Coady was constantly encouraging Patterson. That's what experienced leaders should be doing. While Davies played well and came within an inch of scoring, Gana showed his quality. Our midfield this season is going to be awesome. Gray impressed me no end today, complemented on the other side by Gordon. Despite missing a sitter, Maupay had an excellent first game. McNeil is going to be a real impact sub. I'm really looking forward to seeing this team improve as the season progresses. By the second half of the season, we are going to be a real force to be reckoned with.

Today's performance was great and perfect timing as the first performance after Lampard/Thelwall transfer window was shut - to me it lays down a marker to the whole squad about the attitude and work rate that is expected game in and game out.

They should take great confidence from today.

What looks like a good transfer window and competitive Derby is a good way to start what should be considered a clean sheet for Lampard and his team.