IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Context is for King's, Palfy. The stats showed more shots on target etc etc. If you can't see the stark difference between Lampard, who was a lot more charismatic but also more inept, and Dyche then there's no point continuing really. 

No there isn’t because obviously my opinion is less valid than yours, so crack on mate 👍

I know you all love xG but this will hopefully add a little bit more context.

We are 10th in xG and we should have scored 5.75 more goals that we have based on the quality of the chances we have created.

We are 12th in xGA and we should have conceded 0.18 more goals that we have based on the quality of the chances we have conceded. 

We are performing like a midtable club, which compared to previous seasons, is fucking fantastic! 

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

Gordon left in Jan, so that’s one down.

Not having a fit striker hurt us badly in the first 4 games, chances were being created, particularly against Fulham and Wolves, we lost all shape when DCL took the he’d injury at Villa. 

We have seen improvement, long may it continue starting this afternoon. I’m just about to leave for the ground now 

We will win this afternoon anything else would be too unthinkable, and we will beat Bournemouth next week. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wasn’t what I said about his record two games ago not a fact. 

Which is why I'm emphasising context. It was true then, yeah. But with the context of all stats pointing upwards during his tenure so far (shots on target for example) countered the extremely short term thinking.

The saying goes - trust the process. meaning that as long as the process is right, the results will come in the end. 

in our context, the fact that you could see more attacking intent and more shots meant that the points would follow eventually.

that said I'm not getting carried away bs Villa as there three most important players (imo) either didn't play or played very little (Martinez, Diane amd Watkins)...I still expect three points today. 

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Which is why I'm emphasising context. It was true then, yeah. But with the context of all stats pointing upwards during his tenure so far (shots on target for example) countered the extremely short term thinking.

But it’s understandable when things aren’t going to plan and supporter’s are disillusioned that emotions take over, and that leads to anger at the situation and things are said that feel relevant at that particular time and not so relevant at this moment in time. But I’d like to think that we all are behind him at this moment in time. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But it’s understandable when things aren’t going to plan and supporter’s are disillusioned that emotions take over, and that leads to anger at the situation and things are said that feel relevant at that particular time and not so relevant at this moment in time. But I’d like to think that we all are behind him at this moment in time. 

But things were going to plan, the facts showed that. The results didn't, that sole fact was the only negative. So when emotions get high, I fall back on what can't be argued, and then balance the points out. 

I've said for 10+ years, change projects are the hardest and take a minimum of 3 years. Then we have understandably emotional fans who believe the media clickbait of 6 pointers in fuckin August putting undue pressure on a team that was performing so much better. We need to be more patient if things are to change for the better.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I know you all love xG but this will hopefully add a little bit more context.

We are 10th in xG and we should have scored 5.75 more goals that we have based on the quality of the chances we have created.

We are 12th in xGA and we should have conceded 0.18 more goals that we have based on the quality of the chances we have conceded. 

We are performing like a midtable club, which compared to previous seasons, is fucking fantastic! 

Agreed. Things are looking up, especially now we have more goal threats and can actually convert those chances. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Let's be fuckin clear... he came into a shitshow of a club with no actual forward/striker 9 months ago. Once he had one, we've won 2 games and should have 2 more if not for officials and keepers. 

He joined 30th January 2023. Played 26, won 8, drawn 7 and lost 11 which is a win ratio of 30.77%. Nearly all that time with a toxic environment, no striker, no transfer budget to speak of, etc. Etc.

If anyone thinks any other manager could've turned us around in 26 games, you need that bump on the head seeing to.

We’ve lost 14 of our last 17 games at home.

Absolutely dumb founded how winning 2 games away from home has somehow created a ridiculous “told you he needs time” knee jerk reaction.

All the green likes etc. all giddy cos we beat Villa….. it wasn’t lost on me that he would find a way to go back to his tired ineffective system of playing centre midfielders out wide. 

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t usually blame the manager. But we lost that at half time. 
First half we were creating loads. We just couldn’t defend a set piece. 

We changed it at half time and we’re rubbish second half. All huff and puff and absolutely no quality. 

The biggest change at half time was Luton came out with a clear direction to run their legs of and get back in numbers.

our side is poorly coached, poorly picked, the rest is what we see. 

The biggest change was us stopping playing through the middle mate. It made the only option wide. 
First half we created chances from playing simply forward balls through the middle, and it worked. 
Second half he made it so our only option was width, and they just sat their full backs on us knowing we had no quality on the middle. 

Today was squarely on the managers decisions. 

We went to Villa in the week and put on our best performance of the season and looked like a team that could compete, that player’s and supporters were buoyed by their performance and the result. Then against Luton he makes 4 changes and we fail miserably I ask you what numpty would make the changes in personnel and positions he did to a team that had played so well previously with no injuries to force a change, to put that win into perspective against Villa they beat Brighton 6-1 today they never looked like they could have done that to us with the team we put out. For me the buck starts and finishes with him for the loss because of his team selection which was unforgivable to the players and supporters. I’m really beginning to dislike him immensely as a manager and now I’m starting to dislike him as a person, hopefully he holds his hands up to his mistake and I can give him some credit as a person if not a manager. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We went to Villa in the week and put on our best performance of the season and looked like a team that could compete, that player’s and supporters were buoyed by their performance and the result. Then against Luton he makes 4 changes and we fail miserably I ask you what numpty would make the changes in personnel and positions he did to a team that had played so well previously with no injuries to force a change, to put that win into perspective against Villa they beat Brighton 6-1 today they never looked like they could have done that to us with the team we put out. For me the buck starts and finishes with him for the loss because of his team selection which was unforgivable to the players and supporters. I’m really beginning to dislike him immensely as a manager and now I’m starting to dislike him as a person, hopefully he holds his hands up to his mistake and I can give him some credit as a person if not a manager. 

This.

unfortunately for dyche he thinks he’s too smart for his own good.   

a good insight is his interviews, someone makes a good observation and he disagrees but then chats a load of word salad and more or less agrees with them. 

can’t be doing with him. Our team doesn’t look like it’s coached. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

did he go on about XG when we beat Villa?  Nope, he’s a politician 

He needs to stop going on about missed opportunities against Fulham, Wolves, and now Luton and look at himself for why we are losing games to the team’s that will be around us come the end of season relegation fight. The world is full of people who have achieved nothing in their career and cry about missed opportunities and things not going their way, when in reality it’s the decisions they make and their own application that dictate whether they will be achievers or not, that’s a bad trait to have if you are a football manager using lame excuses for losing at home to Luton Town, how about constantly tinkering with the team and then asking for consistency as a reason we are losing.  

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

He needs to stop going on about missed opportunities against Fulham, Wolves, and now Luton and look at himself for why we are losing games to the team’s that will be around us come the end of season relegation fight. The world is full of people who have achieved nothing in their career and cry about missed opportunities and things not going their way, when in reality it’s the decisions they make and their own application that dictate whether they will be achievers or not, that’s a bad trait to have if you are a football manager using lame excuses for losing at home to Luton Town, how about constantly tinkering with the team and then asking for consistency as a reason we are losing.  

He’s full of shit. I gave him my full backing and gave him a good chance. Nah…. Those players don’t know their heads from their arses under him.

the set pieces are a joke. What are they doing at finch farm?