IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

Dyche was never my first choice, I don't particularly enjoy his brand of football. 

But if we fire another manager before November, I'm going to throw myself in front of a train. 

It wasn't even October and the groundswell for his sacking had already begun. 

Dyche is the best we can hope for right now. What sane manager would come here if we sacked Dyche? You think Graham Potter would want in on this dumpster fire of a club?

50 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Dyche was never my first choice, I don't particularly enjoy his brand of football. 

But if we fire another manager before November, I'm going to throw myself in front of a train. 

It wasn't even October and the groundswell for his sacking had already begun. 

Dyche is the best we can hope for right now. What sane manager would come here if we sacked Dyche? You think Graham Potter would want in on this dumpster fire of a club?

Well don’t jump in front of a train going to Goodison it will definitely miss you. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

I do chuckle when people say “what manager would come here”…….

yeah - must be a right nightmare getting paid £100k a week on a 3 year deal. 

£100k a week for about 8 months until everything inevitably goes to shit and you're without a job again.

Definitely an enticing job opportunity 🥴

41 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

£100k a week for about 8 months until everything inevitably goes to shit and you're without a job again.

Sure, but managers receive full payment for the remainder of their contract upon termination. Not too bad receiving 36 salaries for 8 months of work, isn't it?

55 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I do chuckle when people say “what manager would come here”…….

yeah - must be a right nightmare getting paid £100k a week on a 3 year deal. 

Yes please I’ll have some of that and I won’t care about what people call me and what they think of my lack of understanding of football, it hasn’t stopped Dyche getting over 5 million a year why should it stop me. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

They get paid for the full period of the contract when they are sacked. Most get another job after it too. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think the conclusion to be made here is that for £5m a year - we ain’t getting value from Dyche.  

£5m a year and he plays 2 DMs at home vs Luton. 

Considering he hasn't even been here a year, you'll need to rethink your figures.

Then maybe ask, who could actually stabilise this mess and potentially stain a career within 6 months. 

Then finally ask if you're happy being an alarmist that's lead to so many early sackings in the last 7 years which has lead us to the shitshow we are currently in. 

You don't have to like him, which you clearly don't. It's early Lukaku-stage anger and obsession coming on. But for the love of God, stop feeding the troll in charge and the trolls in the media because 40 years ago you saw something great and want it back. We all do and that only happens when we stop swapping and chopping managers. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Considering he hasn't even been here a year, you'll need to rethink your figures.

Then maybe ask, who could actually stabilise this mess and potentially stain a career within 6 months. 

Then finally ask if you're happy being an alarmist that's lead to so many early sackings in the last 7 years which has lead us to the shitshow we are currently in. 

You don't have to like him, which you clearly don't. It's early Lukaku-stage anger and obsession coming on. But for the love of God, stop feeding the troll in charge and the trolls in the media because 40 years ago you saw something great and want it back. We all do and that only happens when we stop swapping and chopping managers. 

I judge him on what I see, what I hear from him, the players at his disposal and what we are getting from that. 

he has managed 25 premier league games, won 6 drawn 7. He’s averaging 1 point a game.   If you take this season in isolation he’s averaging 0.57 per game.  He’s trending to relegation with arguably a very favourable start with 3/4 teams we should have beaten but never. 

thanks for telling me I don’t have to like him - but whether I like him or not means absolutely fuck all. Liking someone is what led to us having bill kenwright for so long. 

Lukaku? FFS let it go. The lad is disliked at every other club he’s fuckin played for bar us cos our fans were so giddy to have someone who scored a few goals against shit teams despite going on international duty and pimping himself out like he’s desperate to leave. 

Theres a handful of players in recent years who I will wish well, Naismith, Richarlison, baines, Coleman, jags.  Had a lot of time for managers like Martinez, Silva, Lampard for their decency. But I’m not gonna pretend I didn’t want them to go when it was time. 

Dyche, I just don’t see the plan. Looked like he found something and showed us that he’s beyond stubborn/stupid. 

I think Dyche is in big trouble if we lose on Saturday. I’m tired of all the chopping and changing but at the same time I’m not arsed if he goes… I can’t stop caring and still go every week but Everton are just meh to me - nothing surprises me (apart from when we actually win). I try to block the negativity as much as possible and avoid the subject of EFC with non-Evertonians as it’s enough to send me mad!

12 hours ago, c1982 said:

I think Dyche is in big trouble if we lose on Saturday. I’m tired of all the chopping and changing but at the same time I’m not arsed if he goes… I can’t stop caring and still go every week but Everton are just meh to me - nothing surprises me (apart from when we actually win). I try to block the negativity as much as possible and avoid the subject of EFC with non-Evertonians as it’s enough to send me mad!

That’s exactly how I feel atm

I think he will also be in trouble. 

However, with a purely analytical head on (not easy when football is very emmotion driven).

- considering what we have seen before we are not actually playing that badly, its the odd defensive lapse and inches away from scoring that is frustrating. Given where we are it somehow fees it now only an additional small adjustment from picking up more points and getting what we now deserve from game. We have been miles away from this in the past. Change now and its start again to a degree.  

- We are actually only five games in since the transfer window has shut (which is the real start of the season to me) - and since this time it actually 2W, 1D 2L (all being premier league opposition), not shit the bed results in my opinion,

- Given the players we have (particauly our strikers) is this not going to suit a Dyche style of management - is now really a time to try something different, 

- can we as a club currently afford to pay massive compensation to Dyche?

- Who else is realistically going to come to the club given the current situation with regard to new ownership, is now a time to experiment with untested managers?

Comparing how we are now to how it was with Lampard with him starting with a new slate last season, I do think the team/squad is in a much better place set up and performance wise - even if the results are not showing that just yet.