IGNORED

Vs Villa (Home)

Matt

Just now, badaids said:

Pathetic. But if we continue fighting like we did today we should be okay, just about.

See I disagree. We can continue to fight like we did today, where we could've been 1 or 2 up, and still end up with results like this. 

Our entire season rests on DCL being able to get healthy and start scoring

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

See I disagree. We can continue to fight like we did today, where we could've been 1 or 2 up, and still end up with results like this. 

Indeed.  We could play the rest of the day and still not put away our chances....

13 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Obviously we need DCL but we got a good result against Arsenal and Leeds. And we will against others. On another day Maupay bags one of his chances and maybe another, and Gana pen isn't given, and we get at least a point. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Disappointing result but not terminal. The effort, game plan and belief seemed to be there. We are just short of a striker who knows where the goal is and we don't have the personnel to cope without one.

We need to get DCL back asap and work out a better way of setting up when we have to cope without him. I think Simms and Maupay together in a 4-4-2 is at least worth looking at. If its not working we can bring one of them off for a midfielder and go back to 4-5-1 but let's at least give it a go.

We were just short of a striker 6 months ago.  This failure to get a striker in could see us relegated.

Can’t believe this shit

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We were just short of a striker 6 months ago.  This failure to get a striker in could see us relegated.

Can’t believe this shit

I know some who were quite happy we didn't sign anyone, surely we couldn't have found an even worse striker than Maupay.