IGNORED

Luton (Home) 30th September

Romey 1878

• This is the first meeting between Everton and Luton in any competition since October 2007, with the Toffees winning a League Cup tie 1-0 at Kenilworth Road.

• After their 3-1 win at Brentford, Everton are looking to pick up successive league wins for only the second time since the start of last season, previously doing so in September/October 2022 against West Ham and Southampton.

• Luton are yet to win in the Premier League in five games (D1 L4); in their Football League history, only in 1959-60 (7 games), 1971-72 (7 games) and 1974-75 (9 games) have they ever failed to win their opening six or more matches of a campaign.

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored his 48th Premier League goal in Everton’s 3-1 win over Brentford, and two goals in this game would see him become only the fourth player to score 50 in the competition for the Toffees, along with Romelu Lukaku (68), Duncan Ferguson (60) and Tim Cahill (56).

• In Luton’s last game against Wolves, Alfie Doughty created four chances for Jacob Brown – all within the first 20 minutes of the game – the most from one player to another in a Premier League game this season. In contrast, in 125 minutes of playing alongside one another this season, Brown is yet to make a single pass to Doughty.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Reasonable kick off time too, 21:00 here, fair play to all you guys that get up / stay up to daft o’clock on a regular basis to watch us!  

Here in the states, the only rough start time for me in the midwest are the early afternoon UK kickoffs. Those matches usually start around 6:30 AM local time for me. If I'm not mistaken I believe the first Merseyside Derby of the season here in a few weeks will have that start time.  

5 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Here in the states, the only rough start time for me in the midwest are the early afternoon UK kickoffs. Those matches usually start around 6:30 AM local time for me. If I'm not mistaken I believe the first Merseyside Derby of the season here in a few weeks will have that start time.  

You're getting the better deal there if you ask me. I hate having to wait around and let the nerves build.

We must win this. 

Our problem last season was that we lost these games against the fodder around us when it mattered. It doesn't matter too much at the moment, but we can't drop 3 or even 2 points to one of the worst sides to have been promoted into the league. 

This will be a test of how we can break down a side, which has so far been problematic for us but at least we will have players in the squad that can take their chances now.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

4 changes from the Villa game and it looks like Garner has been taken out the middle and gone back to wide right, I think we could be letting Luton off the hook a bit here. 

isn't that where he's played really well? Seems more sensible as their line up seems very attacking (looking at the BBC formation only). I'm guessing Patterson will play more as a wingback than a rightback, with Garner dropping in to support and provide the overlap.