IGNORED

Burnley (home) Carabao Cup

Boston Toffee

Great result. Not arsed about the cup cos we know.....but absolutely chuffed to see us getting better and better. There'll still be ups and downs but we're definitely on the way up. 

One thought.... I think Beto needs to play more - but not for the reason that we are poorer without him - I feel he still needs to get accustomed to the pace and physicality of the English game. Great assist from him, but I feel he may be one of those who we don't see the best of until his second season. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thankfully our manager isn't a fucking idiot and put a strong side out to see us through into the quarter-finals.

Not a great performance, not a bad one either, it was a professional showing to see off a very poor side.

They are going down, sheff United and Luton too.  Reckon it will be one of thr lowest combined relegated teams points tally. 

Sean Dyche after victory over Burnley moved Everton into the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup:

"It is not easy to win football matches in any competition. Cup games have a different feel and you have to make sure players are up for the challenge. Overall I'm very pleased. We came off it a bit after the goal and they got back into it - and we went a bit soft. We corrected it at half-time and played strong in the second half. We were worthy winners.

"It was always tempting [to make changes], but the challenge you have is if you want to be super successful. Seven or eight years ago, people were talking abut Europe here and you play a lot of football. You can play three games in a week, but we have to be sensible. You want to have the mentality to be playing every single game.

"It is a work in progress, but there is progress. Earlier in the season performances were good but we didn't get the results. It doesn't hold weight when you don't win."

Mad isn't it, a manager that is said to be negative and not good enough to manage us has more ambition than some of our fans.

Crazy.

14 hours ago, Btay said:

West Ham knocking out Arsenal... Only really Newcastle & Liverpool left that can be regarded as strong opponents, we won't get a better chance to win a cup than this for a long time.

Please don't say that. After the Fulham draw, already getting my hopes up. 🫣