IGNORED

Tottenham (Away) 23rd December

Romey 1878

• Tottenham have lost just one of their past 21 Premier League matches against Everton (W10 D10), losing 1-0 in September 2020.

• Since winning three away Premier League games in a row against Spurs between 2006-07 and 2008-09, Everton have only picked up seven points in 14 visits there (W1 D4 L9).

• Tottenham have scored in each of their past 29 Premier League games, the longest ongoing run in the competition. They are the only side to have scored in 100% of their Premier League games so far this term.

• Everton manager Sean Dyche has lost five of his six Premier League away games against Tottenham, with the exception being a 1-1 draw at Wembley in August 2017. He has lost both of his visits to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by an aggregate score of 9-0.

• Richarlison has scored three goals in his past two Premier League games, more than he had in his first 39 appearances for Tottenham (2). He could become the 13th different player to score against Everton in the Premier League having previously played for the Toffees in the competition, and first since Joshua King in October 2021.

• Dwight McNeil has been involved in four goals in his past four Premier League games (2 goals, 2 assists), while only Abdoulaye Doucoure (13) has been involved in more league goals for Everton than McNeil (12) since Dyche took charge at the club.

I am expecting a bit of a hang over from being knocked out of the cup this week. I also think Spurs havings mid week off will have a significant bearing on the game. I would not be a suprise if we saw a bit of a dip in what have become our normal away performances. 

I would snatch your hand off if you offered me an uneventful boring 0-0.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We're soon going to find out just how crucial Doucoure has been to team success. Personally, I see him as a linchpin, so let's see how Dyche adjusts to him being out.

I really want him to give the role to Harrison. He was great there when he was asked to do it. 

Looking forward to this one, I’m going to sit on the fence and go for a draw, should be an exciting game with 2 teams who like to get forward at pace and create plenty of chances. I think it will be a tough game for our defence but our lads will be up for it, where as I see their defence too be the weakest part of their game, so let’s hope we can take our chances in stead our usual squandering of good opportunities because I feel we will get a few chances in this one. 

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

It is good, but I’m concerned about missing Doucoure. This is going to be a real test of Dyche’s tactical nous. I’ll be very impressed if we win this one. 

Agreed, not overly confident with Onana and Gana pairing though both good on their day they don’t really complement each other. I would rather have seen O’Neil on the right Danjuma on the left Garner in the middle with Onana and Harrison in Doucoure’s position. 

Don't expect too much today tbh. Although Spurs form has been poor recently.

Bit gutted for Beto not to start. As much as I like DCL, he ain't scoring (questions about service tbh).

At the same time, DCL does run defenders ragged ready for Beto to mow through them, haha.

In an ideal world, it would be good to see them both up there. I think they'll be an 'old school' nightmare for defenders. More so as most defenders are used to little 'fake' strikers these days.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed, not overly confident with Onana and Gana pairing though both good on their day they don’t really complement each other. I would rather have seen O’Neil on the right Danjuma on the left Garner in the middle with Onana and Harrison in Doucoure’s position. 

Oh 100%. Minus Doucoure it's probably the best we could hope for though. Will it be Garner in the Doucoure role do we think? I can't really see Onana there and I'm not sure how effective Garner would be on the wing with Harrison in the middle.