IGNORED

Tottenham (Away) 23rd December

Romey 1878

I find it hard to be too critical of Danjuma tbh. Harrison did next to nothing, once again, and lost us possession over and over, again. Danjuma comes on and made things happen straight away - he actually took players on and beat them. Shock, horror a wide man actually doing that!

Should he have been less selfish and got his head up more? Of course, but you've got to take into consideration that he's barely had a sniff here so he's bound to be trying a bit too hard when he does get on. That's probably responsible for him hitting that chance at the end as powerfully as he did, which meant it went higher than he'd have liked.

He's been doing individual training sessions that he's arranged himself to show Dyche that he should be giving him a chance, and I'm sure Dyche will be appreciating that and I'm also sure that he'll be in Danjuma's ear that he needs to think of the team whenever he is given an opportunity.

Give him a run in the side I say, I want him to have more time to impact on games and see if he can learn.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What I thought about the incident is that it's a soft foul that can go either way and if it had been given on the pitch at the time then you'd have no complaints really, but the ref and linesman thought it was ok so once that's happened I don't see how VAR can say that's a clear and obvious error. That type of foul is all about how you perceive it and opinions.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop living in the past, lads.

We'd have to pay more than we sold him for and he's still not even worth the £40m we originally paid for him.

Move on.

I think bringing him back would be the best piece of business the club can do for a number of reasons:

1. He wants to come back, and his affection for the club is evident.
2. He's not that valuable for Tottenham, and they would be willing to replace him. I believe they would accept an offer worth £40-50m, so we can actually make a small profit.
3. There's almost no risk involved. We know exactly what we are getting.
4. He improves us right off the bat.
5. Hard working player, the type Dyche appreciates.
6. It's a love story. Commercially, his return will generate a big chunk of the transfer fee paid.
7. He loves the club, and he is worth more to us than anyone else. We need more players like him.

8 hours ago, Haiku said:

I think bringing him back would be the best piece of business the club can do for a number of reasons:

2. He's not that valuable for Tottenham, and they would be willing to replace him. I believe they would accept an offer worth £40-50m, so we can actually make a small profit.
6. It's a love story. Commercially, his return will generate a big chunk of the transfer fee paid.
7. He loves the club, and he is worth more to us than anyone else. We need more players like him.

1. How do you know he wants to come back? He wanted to leave the season before but we convinced him to give us another season.

2. You actually think Spurs will sell him for a loss? You do know who Daniel Levy is, right?

3. You're right, we do know what we are getting - an average player that will cost big money that we do not have.

4. Him improving us is debateable, unless you're talking improving depth.

5. He does work hard, I'll give him that. It's what he does best and he needs to to make up for lacking being a good footballer.

6. Commercially it'll create fuck all for us because the club don't benefit from that aspect, so it doesn't pay anything of the transfer fee.

7. He might love the club but, I repeat, he wanted to leave.

I’d agree with Romey on this, other than what he did bring was game changing actions, either goals or getting us going, he was the spark we needed on many occasions with his unpredictable style of play. McNeil did similar in the latter half of last season but more predictable. 
Whilst he does seem to have a lot of respect for the club, he wants to play at a higher level than where we are currently, this plus how much Spurs would want make it highly unlikely, a loan until end of the season, yes please!

4 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He wants to play at a higher level than where we are currently.

He's giving us mixed signals with all those love letters. Frankly, it is disrespectful towards Tottenham with him talking about his ex all the time. I think he might have changed his heart. He doesn't seem happy in London. That transfer didn't make sense in the first place. It definitely helped us more than him. He's not getting any trophies there, his salary isn't better, and he's not adored by the fans as he was at Everton. I can understand if he wanted to move on with his career, but certainly, Tottenham was a poor choice for him.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

He's giving us mixed signals with all those love letters. Frankly, it is disrespectful towards Tottenham with him talking about his ex all the time. I think he might have changed his heart. He doesn't seem happy in London. That transfer didn't make sense in the first place. It definitely helped us more than him. He's not getting any trophies there, his salary isn't better, and he's not adored by the fans as he was at Everton. I can understand if he wanted to move on with his career, but certainly, Tottenham was a poor choice for him.

Said it before he moved, Spurs won't be a fit for him. They're a team perpetually carried by a 2 player combo and he won't be one of those 2. I'm still hoping for a loan to buy in the summer 

21 hours ago, Haiku said:

It would never happen unless an exchange: Branthwaite for Richarlison and Pedro Porro, for example. The fact is, though, that we invested in our forward line by bringing in Beto, Chermiti, and others. Would you swap DC-L for Richarlison, for example?

45 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Would you swap DC-L for Richarlison, for example?

No, both are very different. I would use him in a formation with two center forwards. In a formation with 3 forwards I would place him on the right instead of Harrison or on the left with McNeil partnering on the other side. Tottenham can either take our £50m or fuck off.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He also wanted to leave. It may not have been Spurs he wanted to leave for but he was going in the summer regardless.

Yeah I think it's fair to say he wanted to go - the thing is he went about it the right way. He wanted to go the year before but agreed to another year: 

he begged to represent Brazil in a tournament (olympics?) - we reluctantly agreed cos he loves playing for his country. He repaid us by playing through injury which could have damaged him.

I'm quite hard on players who want to leave and they go about it the wrong way like Lukaku, Gordon, Lescott.

richarlison is a great lad. Love him. Wore our shirt with pride, never questioned his work rate/desire. 

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah I think it's fair to say he wanted to go - the thing is he went about it the right way. He wanted to go the year before but agreed to another year: 

he begged to represent Brazil in a tournament (olympics?) - we reluctantly agreed cos he loves playing for his country. He repaid us by playing through injury which could have damaged him.

I'm quite hard on players who want to leave and they go about it the wrong way like Lukaku, Gordon, Lescott.

richarlison is a great lad. Love him. Wore our shirt with pride, never questioned his work rate/desire. 

Mate, I've got the utmost respect for him as a person and the effort he gives. You could never question him for that, he was one committed fella to Everton Football Club.

But I also think it was great business to sell him because he's a very limited player and to actually make a decent profit on him was amazing business from Thelwell.

We need to take that win and move on, not wipe the win out by bringing him back (I know you haven't said to bring him back, I'm talking generally there).