IGNORED

Brighton (Away) 24th February

Romey 1878

• The home side hasn’t won any of the last six Premier League meetings between Brighton and Everton (D2 L4), since a 4-2 victory for the Toffees at Goodison Park in October 2020.

• Nine of Brighton’s 10 Premier League wins this season have seen them score at least three goals. They have drawn five and lost four of their nine games when scoring only once in Premier League games this term.

• Everton have failed to win any of their last eight Premier League games (D4 L4) – the longest ongoing winless run in the division – having won six of their previous eight games before this run (D1 L1).

• Only Arsenal (11) have scored more goals from corners than Everton (10) in the Premier League this season. Excluding penalties, 52% of the Toffees overall goals have come from set pieces (14/27), the highest share in the competition this term.

• Brighton’s Pascal Gross has been involved in 10 goals in his last 13 Premier League games (2 goals, 8 assists), including four involvements in his last three appearances. His nine assists overall this term is the most by a Brighton player in a single Premier League campaign, while the last German player to reach double figures in a season was Leroy Sane in 2018-19 (10 assists).

let's hope McNeil discovers close to the form he attained lat Brighton ast year. 

Brighton are good at their place, and I am sure they will not fall into the same trap as they did last time we visited.

I feel it could be a tough afternoon on the south coast.

I would settle for something like a 2-2 draw with a DCL brace. as long as we come away with a couple of positives, to take us in to the next few games.

Surely Young does not start this one, for the love of god please. Brighton haven’t been as good as they have been the last few seasons, we can definitely get something from this game.

Pickford

Godfrey   Tarks       Brainthwaite    Myko

Garner                 Onana 

Harrison           Doucs                    McNeil  

DCL

33 minutes ago, Btay said:

Surely Young does not start this one, for the love of god please. Brighton haven’t been as good as they have been the last few seasons, we can definitely get something from this game.

Pickford

Godfrey   Tarks       Brainthwaite    Myko

Garner                 Onana 

Harrison           Doucs                    McNeil  

DCL

That looks like the best eleven, just a shame there’s no room for Gana I thought he was motm last week, yet if you take someone out of that lineup and put him in we will become to defensive, and we need to take this game to Brighton and stop them from having good possession where they can play through us, basically we need to knock them out of there rhythm. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That looks like the best eleven, just a shame there’s no room for Gana I thought he was motm last week, yet if you take someone out of that lineup and put him in we will become to defensive, and we need to take this game to Brighton and stop them from having good possession where they can play through us, basically we need to knock them out of there rhythm. 

I actually agree, Gana hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped. I was tempted to put Gana in over Garner as i though Garner was quite poor against Palace. I would not be upset with a midfield of Onana & Gana as long as they get stuck in, win the ball back & move it quickly. As you mentioned we have to knock them off their rhythm, any midfield option we pick will be pointless if we are trying to knick the ball and counter with Ashley Young on the wing.

It's been our strength all season but set pieces will be pivotal for us in this one & our most likely source of getting goals.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I actually agree, Gana hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped. I was tempted to put Gana in over Garner as i though Garner was quite poor against Palace. I would not be upset with a midfield of Onana & Gana as long as they get stuck in, win the ball back & move it quickly. As you mentioned we have to knock them off their rhythm, any midfield option we pick will be pointless if we are trying to knick the ball and counter with Ashley Young on the wing.

It's been our strength all season but set pieces will be pivotal for us in this one & our most likely source of getting goals.

We’ve gone with Garner and Gana, to be fair I’m not disappointed with that. 

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

This week for me:

Bike nicked.

Flat tyre on way to work.

Paid for new tyres, then car dies.

Drop glasses which smash, new glasses.

Really need a good result to cheer me up.

Things can certainly only get better then. So yeah, a win would do nicely.