IGNORED

Goodison Park / 1892-2025

"Behold Goodison Park! No single picture could take in the entire scene the ground presents, it is so magnificently large, for it rivals the greater American baseball pitches. On three sides of the field of play there are tall covered stands, and on the fourth side the ground has been so well banked up with thousands of loads of cinders that a complete view of the game can be had from any portion.

"It appears to be one of the finest and most complete grounds in the kingdom, and it is hoped that the public will liberally support the promoters." The publication 'Out Of Doors', reported in October 1892.

• StevO unpinned this topic

Just a quick response.

My first game 1970, I was 10 we beat Chelsea 5-0, sat in the main stand with my dad, the only game we ever went to together.

fast forward to August 2014, walking past Everton 2, I went in with my 10 year old son, after looking at shirts we went upstairs to see if we get tickets to a game, we got tickets for top balcony upcoming Chelsea game, ooops,  0-2 within minutes, 3-6 full time, had to tell my lad it’s not always this exciting.

Now in our 7th year of ST, it’s going to be very emotional leaving Goodison.

• 1 month later...